The Lakeville Area Public School district is one of Minnesota’s premier public school systems with an exceptional reputation and traditions of excellence in achievement and continuous improvement. We are committed to our vision of providing world-class, personalized learning that ensures success for every student. Lakeville Area Public Schools offers a number of pathways for our students to prepare them for careers right out of school to preparation for college and beyond. Ninety-three percent of our students graduate in four years. Lakeville North and Lakeville South high schools ranked among the top 20 in Minnesota in 2017, according to U.S. News and World Report.
At the secondary level, Lakeville Area Public Schools students can choose from:
- A broad range of Advanced Placement courses
- STEM Academy (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) at Lakeville South High School
- STEM Biomedical Science program (new for 2017-18) at Lakeville North High School
- Advanced Business Academy and Career-Oriented Business Academy at Lakeville North High School
- MNCAPS (The Minnesota Center for Advanced Professional Studies), a partnership of education, industry and community to immerse students in profession-based learning (healthcare and business). This program is jointly run with the Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools.
- AVID, a program to prepare students for college and other post-secondary education
- Area Learning Center-Pathways Program
- Variety of electives from fine arts to world languages
- Online courses through LinK12-Lakeville, our online K-12 school
- Numerous hybrid courses that offer a combination of blended (online) and classroom learning
- Rigorous core courses that help our students be future ready
At the elementary level, we offer STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics):
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) from kindergarten through fifth grade
- Impact Academy, a choice school that creates personalized learning environments for students by teaching them at individual ability levels in reading, writing and mathematics
- Ignite! program, our choice gifted and talented program for elementary school students
- Art instruction and option for band starting in fifth grade
- *Smart Bus that brings learning to our students where they are located
We offer flexibility and choice through innovative programs, such as LinK-12-Lakeville, our online school for students in Kindergarten through grade 12. Our students also enjoy a broad array of co-curricular opportunities. From athletics to fine arts, Lakeville Area Public Schools provides its students with tremendous opportunities to take part in sports and activities that complement and enhance their educational experience, starting in middle school. Lakeville Area Public Schools is known for its excellent reputation across athletics and activities, from football, volleyball, basketball and hockey to speech and debate, band and choir, robotics, and theater. Learn more about each program by clicking on the link. To request additional information, contact the Communications Department at 952-232-2004.