Our well-articulated, rigorous academic program:
- Focuses on results and achievement in core curricular areas
- Engages digital media technologies to unleash student passion for learning and make our teachers exponentially more powerful
- Integrates life-skills including collaboration, creativity, problem-solving, critical thinking, communications and cultural understanding across disciplines
- Offers choices and differentiated learning experiences to meet student needs, talents and interests
We are committed to a well-rounded education for our students. A laser-like focus on creating a culture of innovation aligned to creating learning opportunities and environments to prepare our students to be “future ready” has resulted in innovative programming, engaging learning environments and more flexibility, all to personalize learnings for our students.
Mathematics Career and College Readiness (CCR) and use of high school MCA scores by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.30 indicates that Minnesota State Colleges and Universities may use high school MCA reading and mathematics scores to assist in determining course enrollment by the 2018–2019 school year.
An analysis has been conducted by Minnesota State to identify the scores to be used.
- Students who are at or above an identified score are expected to be able to successfully complete credit-bearing coursework without the need for remediation at a two- or four-year college or university, or other credit-bearing postsecondary program. These students must not be required to take a remedial, noncredit course in the corresponding subject area.
- Student scores below the identified score indicate that the student’s performance is not on track to meet career and college readiness, and additional information is necessary for course enrollment.
The table below shows the course type and scores identified by Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
|Intended Course of Enrollment (or equivalent)||Enrollment in Developmental Course Unless Additional Information Indicates Otherwise||Need More Information on Readiness||Enrollment in College Level Course|
|College Algebra||1151 and below||1152–1157||1158 and above|
|Statistics||1145 and below||1146–1147||1148 and above|
|Other mathematics||1145 and below||1146–1149||1150 and above|
|Reading Intensive||1041 and below||1042–1046||1047 and above|
To support districts in this monitoring, student progress scores for grades 3–8 and student career and college readiness (CCR) scores for grades 10 and 11 are provided for reading and mathematics on Individual Student Reports (ISRs) and District and School Student Results (DSR and SSR) files. Goal scores have been established for both student progress scores and student CCR scores to compare whether students are on track to pass a college entrance exam by the end of grade 11.
MDE will continue to include a high school Career and College Readiness Score for grade 10 reading and grade 11 mathematics MCA. A student whose MCA score is at or above the Career and College Readiness Score is on track to demonstrate career and college readiness in reading or mathematics on a college admissions test at the end of grade 11.