Teaching and Learning Services
The Teaching and Learning Department is focused on ensuring that every student has access to engaging instruction and the opportunity to excel.
The goals of the Department of Teaching and Learning:
- Goal 1: Content Areas – Provide collaborative opportunities for deep analysis of state/national/ACT standards and benchmarks to ensure aligned assessments and engaging, relevant pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of all students.
- Goal 2: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy – Support the development of culturally responsive practices that ensure high expectations for each student and eliminate achievement disparities through personalized learning.
- Goal 3: Future-Ready Skills – Deliver professional learning in three strands of Future Ready skills: foundational literacies (literacy, numeracy, scientific literacy, digital literacy, financial literacy, and cultural/civic literacy), competencies (critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration) and character qualities (curiosity, initiative, persistence/grit, adaptability, leadership, social/cultural awareness)
- Goal 4: Technology & Digital Resources – Deliver high quality professional learning and coaching so that each staff member is fluent in the use of current core technology skills, the implementation of a variety of digital resources, and the inclusion of future-ready competencies in their pedagogy.
- Goal 5: Teacher Development and Evaluation (TDE) – Provide continuous professional learning in the Teacher Development and Evaluation process, the QComp process and the Charlotte Danielson rubrics to support high levels of student achievement and engagement.
The Department of Teaching and Learning includes:
|SERVICES||CONTENT STANDARDS||FUTURE READY STRATEGIES|
|Equity Services||Elementary Content Standards||Innovations|
|Gifted Services||middle School Content Standards||Professional Development|
|Digital Learning Services||High School Content Standards||World’s Best Workforce|
|Learner Support Services|
Teaching and Learning Advisory Council:
Main line: 952-232-2018 Fax: 952-469-6054 Address: District Office – 8670 210th Street West, Lakeville, MN 55044
- Dr. Emily McDonald, Assistant Superintendent – email@example.com or 952-232-2026
- Sandy Giorgi, Elementary Teaching & Learning Director – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-232-2158
- Elida Kane, Secondary Teaching & Learning Director – email@example.com or 952-232-2164
- Doug Stanton, Teacher Development & Evaluation Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-232-3071
- Molly Hammel, Gifted Coordinator – email@example.com
- Heather Rabanus, LinK12-Lakeville Director – firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-642-1497
- Lydia Lindsoe, AVID Director – email@example.com or 952-232-2067
- Jacob Valtierra, School Success Liaison – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-232-2000
- Regina Smith, School Success Liaison –email@example.com or 952-232-2000
- Hugo Muñoz, School Success Liaison – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-232-3999 x2065
- Huda Ali, School Success Liaison – email@example.com or 952-232-3999 x2066
- Amy Bercich, Office Manager Equity & Innovation Services – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-232-2023
- Pam Fetzek, Teaching & Learning Assistant – email@example.com or 952-232-2020
- Sandy Eissinger, Teaching & Learning Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-232-2019