Facility Scheduling and Application Fees
Applications for building and equipment use shall be directed in writing to the Facility Use and Systems Manager. The use of facilities is rent free for local, non-profit, non-religious activities. Profit making organizations, churches and non-local groups must pay rental fees.
Application fees are:
- $15.00 for one to five dates
- $35.00 for six to twenty dates
- $50.00 for twenty one dates or more
Upon application submission, allow 3-5 working days for processing (may take longer for large requests or events). Application fee payments can be made by cash, check or credit card. Checks should be made payable to District 194/Facility Application. Contact Community Education at 952-232-2150 to pay by credit card. Your fee is returned to you if your request is not available.
Please note additional fees may apply based on group size or amenity requests.
For additional information about our facilities or scheduling questions, please call Devin Reyes at 952-232-2155 or Devin.Reyes@isd194.org.
Guidelines for Facility Use
Lakeville Area Public Schools is pleased to offer your organization the opportunity to use the buildings in your school district. Two week’s notice is requested when applying for a permit. Please have your on-site supervisor read the following checklist. Each group will be held accountable for its participants.
- When you receive your confirmation sheet, check it carefully as not all dates requested may have been approved.
- Designated supervisors, (coaches, troop leaders, etc.) are responsible for the conduct of group participants and spectators.
- Youth group supervisors must arrive before the first member and stay until the last member leaves the school grounds.
- Requested rooms, areas and equipment must be returned to their original condition before the group leaves the building. (Replacing tables, chairs, picking up garbage, raising basketball hoops again, etc.) Please do not take down pictures or erase boards without permission.
- Commons, gyms, halls and most carpeted areas are off-limits for food and beverages. Please check with Facility Coordinator on appropriate food, drink and craft project areas.
- Groups have access only to rooms and areas specified on paperwork. Please limit traffic in halls. Running or ball play is not permitted in hallways or lobbies.
- Community Education reserves the right to assess groups a fee for building supervisors scheduled for their activities if the groups are not following District Guidelines for Facility Use or cancel repeatedly with no notice.
- Alcohol or tobacco use is forbidden in school buildings or on school grounds.
- Weapons and firearms are prohibited on school property with the exception of authorized safety and training programs.
- Lakeville Area Public Schools is not responsible for lost personal items.
- Groups using District 194 facilities are required to abide by regulations set forth by the Americans with Disabilities Act, (A.D.A.), and civil rights laws.
- Individuals or organizations using Lakeville Area Public Schools facilities agree to the above statements, assume all responsibility for damage or liability of any kind and further agree to hold harmless the District for any liability.
Lakeville Area Public Schools reserves the right to bill organizations for damage and custodial overtime, and/or refuse permission to use facilities should the following situations arise during building use:
- Poor supervision
- Leaving food/messes
- Ignoring building rules/building supervisors’ or custodians’ requests
Forms & Information
Facility Use Application
Use of School Facilities & Equipment Procedure
Use of School Facilities and Equipment Fee Schedule
Updated Building Hours for Summer 2017 (through Aug. 20)
Elementary Schools and Crystal Lake Education Center: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Middle Schools: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
High Schools: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Updated Building Hours for School Year 2017-18
Elementary Schools and Crystal Lake Education Center: Monday – Friday 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Middle Schools: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
High Schools: Monday – Friday 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
What is the scheduling sequence for facilities?
District 194 school activities have first choice of facilities. Most District activities are scheduled by August 1 for the coming year with some exceptions. Spring sports, for example, are not set by July 1 and we sometimes caution community users that their schedule might need to be changed if spring sports needs to use a facility. The same holds true for occasional sports playoffs which were not anticipated. The District’s Community Education Department then reserves the facilities it needs. After that – usually by mid August – we are generally ready to schedule community users, starting with the organized programs which have established a usage pattern over the years.
How long does it take to arrange for a facility use permit?
Anywhere from 3-5 working days. Please allow as much time as possible.