Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating post-secondary institutions. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses. Students may take PSEO courses on a full- or part-time basis. Additionally there may be requirements and prerequisites for courses. Additional information to consider:
- Students must meet the PSEO residency and eligibility requirements and abide by participation limits specified in the Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.09.
- PSEO credits will be awarded as 1/4 of the college credit amount. For example 4 college credits = 2 high school semester credits or 1 full year.
- Students may earn high school credits under PSEO and do not need to have completed all high school requirements before participating in PSEO.
- Students must meet the PSEO residency and eligibility requirements and abide by participation limits specified in Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.09.
- Grade point and class rank requirements for participation in PSEO vary among institutions of higher education.
- Tuition and books or fees for items that are required to participate are provided at no cost to the student under PSEO.
- PSEO grades are not weighted.
- Funds are available to help pay transportation expenses for qualifying students to participate in PSEO courses on college campuses.
Students should meet with their Dean to discuss this possibility and to obtain more information.PSEO Considerations PSEO Colleges PSEO General Information PSEO MN Department of Education Eligibility PSEO MN Department of Education Information Form PSEO MN Department of Education Enrollment PSEO Semester 1 Checklist PSEO Semester 2 Checklist
Students that are interested in taking college classes through the PSEO (Post-Secondary Education Option) program should note the following application deadlines. For a further listing of application due dates, please visit the colleges’ PSEO websites.
|PSEO Application Deadlines|
|College||Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
|Bethel University||Dec 1||July 1|
|Concordia St. Paul||(due once/yr)||May 1|
|DCTC||Dec 1||June 1|
|Hamline University||Nov 15||June 1|
|Inver Hills Community||Dec 1||July 1|
|Macalester College||Dec 1||June 1|
|Metro State||Nov 15||June 30|
|MN State Mankato||Dec 15||July 15|
|Mpls College of Art||Dec 1||July 1|
|Normandale Community||Dec 1||July 1|
|Northwestern College||Dec 1||July 15|
|St. Cloud State||Nov 1||June 1|
|U of M Duluth (UMD)||Dec 1||June 1|
|U of M Twin Cities||April 1||(due once/yr)|