LNHS Senior Scholarships
When senior applicants are selected for an LNHS scholarship, they will be notified by mail, by the first week of May, and asked to attend the LNHS Senior Awards Program to receive their scholarship.
LNHS 2017-18 Scholarships will be available the last week of January 2018
LNHS Scholarships – (General Application)
- Available to all LNHS senior students
- Return the LNHS Scholarship application to the LNHS Career Center
- Late Applications will not be accepted after 3pm
- High School TRANSCRIPT will AUTOMATICALLY be created for this application
The LNHS Scholarship application’s criteria consists of community/volunteer involvement, academic achievement, all around good student, leadership, role model, extra-curricular/work activities, plus any additional individual scholarship requirements listed below (essays, extra letters of recommendation, etc.).
- Allow 2 weeks for ONE teacher recommendation letter to be written and turned in with this application (unless needing two letters per the donors and listed below)
- Attach with paperclip, any additional items to the application, such as a recommendation letter(s), forms and/or essays
- The LNHS Application DOES NOT require an envelope
- For teacher recommendation letters, applicants should complete this TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM and allow 2 weeks for the letter to be completed and RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT to attach to the application
PRINT this APPLICATION to apply for these scholarships listed below with this one application:
- Apple Autos…1/$2500, TWO recommendation letters (an additional letter needed for just this scholarship for a total of two letters) attach essay by using information
- Century Middle School Scholarship…2/$500, attach by using information, and attended CMS)
- Dakota Electric Association Scholarship…10/$1000
- David Lunde Memorial/Wold Architect & Engineering Scholarship…1/$1000 (pursuing architecture or building design, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Donald McGuire Memorial Scholarship…1/$600 (attending DCTC)
- Eastview Elementary PTO Scholarship…2/$500 (attended EVE)
- Joey Dokken Memorial Scholarship…1/$2500 (activities, ex. Math League, Soccer, Boy Scouts, Band)
- Kopp Family Foundation Scholarship…5/$500
- Lakeville North Variety Show Scholarship…TBD
- Lion Fred Norgaard Memorial Scholarship…5/$1000 (2 yr community, tech, or 4 yr college)
- Oak Hills Elementary PTO Scholarship…1/$200 (attended OHE)
- Riess Family Scholarship…4/$4000, ($2000/yr for 2 years) (pursuing Special Education, attach essay by using information, special education volunteering experience encouraged)
Scholarships needing additional requirements are listed ABOVE for viewing and/or printing as needed.
LNHS Scholarships – (Individual Donor Applications)
- Available to all LNHS senior students
- Return all individual applications and materials to the LNHS Career Center
- The LNHS individual scholarships (below) require the below listed donor applications to be completed
- Late applications will not be accepted after 3pm
- High School TRANSCRIPTS will automatically be created for each application
- Allow 2 weeks for any recommendation letters to be written
- Attach with a paperclip, any additional items, including any recommendation letter, forms and essays to the application. (Applicants may use a copy of the recommendation letter that may have been used for the LNHS Scholarship Application, above)
- Individual APPLICATIONS DO NOT require an envelope
- For recommendation letters, applicants should complete this Teacher Recommendation Form and allow 2 weeks for the letter to be completed and RETURNED TO APPLICANT to attach to applications
-American Red Cross Educational Scholarship Program
The American Red Cross Educational Scholarship Program is donating 5/$500 scholarships, which is based on the amount of blood donated from LNHS each year. Applicants need to complete a based upon, and using the page as a cover for their essay.
-Cherry View Elementary PTO Scholarship
Cherry View Elementary is awarding 1/$500 scholarship to a past CVE student. Recipient must have attended CVE the majority of their elementary years, and may be attending a 2 or a 4 year college. Applicant must use and a letter of recommendation.
-Fairview Ridges Medical Staff Student Scholarship
The Fairview Ridges Hospital medical staff is pleased to sponsor 1/$1500 scholarship to a deserving, academically outstanding senior student. Applicant must be a high academic achiever, outstanding school and community citizen, and planning to attend college in the fall with any field of college study. (DO NOT turn in this application to your Dean for attending the Fairview breakfast …as directed on the application). Recipient’s Dean will be notified of the breakfast banquet once the recipient has been selected. Applicants should complete and return to the Career Center.
-Flint Hills Resources Discovery Scholarship
Flint Hill Resources Discovery Scholarship is awarding 2/$2500 scholarships to recipients who have demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial skills, 3.7 GPA or higher, pursuing a career in a math or science related field. Applicants should read . It contains the scholarship criteria, complete the cover page and release form, and submit their essay, cover page, release form, 2 letters of recommendation, and a wallet sized actual photo (prints, no photo copies) to the Career Center.
-Jake Flynn Memorial Scholarship
The Jake Flynn Memorial is awarding 1/$5000 and a 1/$2500 scholarship. This memorial scholarship is being awarded in memory of Jake Flynn to an outstanding student and good character, is an athlete, is involved in extra-curricular and can demonstrate financial need. INTERVIEW REQUIRED on Tuesday, March 14, 2017, beginning at 2:45pm in the Career Center. Applicants should complete , submit their essay, and attach a recommendation letter.
-Lakeville Rotary Club “Service Above Self Scholarship”
The Lakeville Rotary Club is awarding 1/$1000 scholarships to students with unique leadership skills and achievements in the community, volunteerism (helping others), entrepreneurial spirit and attitude for future career plans, has overcome obstacles, and can demonstrate a financial need. Applicants should apply using and submit a letter of recommendation.
-Matt Heisler Scholarship
The Matt Heisler Scholarship awards 2/$1002 scholarships to students who demonstrate unselfishness, being a true friend, puts others first, caring, athlete, hard working, high spirited, an organ donor, and has a passion for the outdoors. This award has been established as a memorial to Matt Heisler, a 2011 graduate and four-year Lakeville North football player. In his tragic death, Matt donated his organs which impacted over 60 people’s lives. Applicants should complete and refer to when completing their essay.
-Nate Rasmussen Memorial Scholarship
The Nate Rasmussen Memorial Scholarship is awarding 1/$1500 scholarship. This memorial scholarship is given in memory to Nate Rasmussen by his family and friends to a student who is involved in the community/work, sports, and activities. Applicants should complete and submit a recommendation letter.
-SiebenCarey Lakeville Distracted Driving Scholarship Program
The SiebenCarey Lakeville law firm is awarding 1/$1000 scholarship to a student who will be attending any vo-tech,community or four-year college this coming fall. Applicants will need to write a 500 word, double-spaced, essay distracted driving. The essay can be related to any distracted driving topic, such as a personal experience, informative, etc. Use and submit your completed essay to the Career Center.
Establish an LNHS Scholarship
Any scholarship donor interested in establishing a scholarship for LNHS students, please contact the Career Center. In order to be considered as an LNHS academic scholarship, the award must be offered to all seniors at LNHS. All scholarships are established by the end January for each school year, and due in March. Scholarship recipients are chosen and recognized in May at the Senior Awards Program.
LNHS Career Center