Welcome LNHS Senior Year Information. Below is a description of many topics which pertain to the last year of high school. In addition, be sure to check the Senior Calendar, Senior Party, and Senior Poster, and the Career Center links. Please continue to refer back to this page for continuous updates. A letter will also be sent home in May with specific information concerning graduation. All senior students should check the SENIOR CALENDAR 2017-18 often to help keep them updates on events.
ALL SENIOR MALE STUDENTS MUST REGISTER WITH THE SELECTIVE SERVICE SYSTEM THROUGH THE NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRARS PROGRAM Visit: wwwl.sss.gov Registrars reinforce the importance of registering with Selective Service to qualify for student loans and grants, job training and federal employment. Registrars also direct students to register online.
The CAREER CENTER has a variety of information to help you plan your future. Visit the Career Center, or click onto the Career Center for all information. On Twitter? Follow @lnhs4college&career
Students should come to the Career Center several days before a visit to sign up and obtain a pass to attend a visit.
- College & Career Resources Information on college searches, admissions, notices of college fairs and open houses, and study abroad. NOTE: U of MN colleges now require four years of math for admission.
- College Entrance Exams register for ACT /SAT tests and testing aides.
- High School Testing listing information concerning tests taken during the school year.
- Scholarships Information on college scholarships and resources.
- Financial Aid Information link to the FAFSA, and other financial aid information.
- Post-Secondary Enrollment (PSEO) How to apply to take college courses. (This option is available for juniors or seniors.)
- Career Center Forms needed for senior year students.
- ORDER HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT for colleges
Senior Job Shadow
For complete Job Shadow information visit the Career Center Job Shadow website
The Job Shadow Packet is a graduation requirement and is due to the Career Center, along with a thank you letter to their mentor, and an address/stamped/unsealed envelope. Due: January 10, 2018
College/Scholarship Letters of Recommendation
Students can ask their Dean and/or teachers/coaches to write letters of recommendations. Allow two weeks for the letters to be completed. Students should complete the forms below and deliver them to the person who will write the recommendation. (It is suggested students pick up these letters when they are completed for scholarship mailings.) For college admissions, and the forms required for LNHS, students should visit the Career Center website. Forms needed from LNHS recommendation letters can be found on the Career Center Forms webpage. For complete scholarship procedures and information students, should visit the Career Center website for awards being offered each year. Forms needed from LNHS recommendation letters can be found on the Career Center Forms webpage.