At its Feb. 28, 2017 meeting, the Board of Education approved the recommendation for hire of nine Instructional / Data Support Specialist (IDSS) positions to be implemented starting in school year 2017-18.
The team includes:
- Alesia Arlandson
- Jennifer Burke
- Michelle Lange
- Justine Liekis
- Janet McBride
- Carolyn Popp
- Lana Rains
- Jennifer Schwebach
- Douglas Stanton – TDE/QComp Coordinator
What will they do?
- Provide formative, constructive feedback through observations and collaborative discussions
- Facilitate reflective practice
- Conduct data collection & analysis
- Coordinate personalized professional development and instructional training
- Support intervention strategies
- Modeling instructional practices and research-based strategies
These positions are designated as Teachers on Special Assignment, and will have term options of two or three years. Four of these positions will be assigned to Elementary sites and four will be assigned to Secondary sites. Early Childhood and Special Education support is included in these assignments.