Lakeville Area Public Schools unveiled MealViewer — a brand new app and software — on Feb. 1, providing parents with menu dietary information and updates in real-time as menu changes are made.
This powerful tool gives parents and students all the information they need, including nutritional information, allergens, favorite foods, school announcements and special menu item information. If it’s happening in your cafeteria, it’s happening on MealViewer. Parents and students are also invited to be a part of their school’s nutrition program by rating menu items and providing feedback that allows for program improvement.
“We are excited about this new service we are offering and genuinely hope that our district families will find that it’s a valuable tool,” said Gayle Smalley-Rader, student nutrition department supervisor.
Watch the below video to learn more about MealViewer:
There are some common questions we have been receiving from parents and would like to share four tips and tricks to using MealViewer:
1. How do I print a menu?
From the ISD 194 website:
- Click on Lunch menus from the ISD 194 page.
- Click on menus in the banner at the top.
- Click on your child’s school.
- If you would like to create a profile, click on “create profile” and follow steps. If not, click on X.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the printer icon.
- Select Lunch or Breakfast from pulldown menu. Print Now.
2. How do I calculate my child’s nutrient intake?
From the website on a computer, on the left side of the screen, find Nutrition Calculator. On a mobile device, click on CARDS at the bottom and scroll down to Nutrition Calculator.
- Click on Let’s Add It Up
- Choose your date in the upper right corner
- Check the box next to the food item consumed
- Adjust the amount eaten by clicking on the – or + (or swipe on a mobile device to increase or decrease)
3. Do I have to create a profile?
Creating a profile is completely optional, though recommended. Creating a profile allows you to save all preferences for your child. You can mark items on the menu as favorites so each time they come up on the menu, they will be marked with a gold star. If your child has allergies, you can note their allergies so the menu will mark any items containing those allergens. You can assign a school to each child so their school’s menus comes up when their profile is selected. You can create separate profiles for each of the children in your family.
4. Lakeville, MN doesn’t come up when I do a search on MealViewer. What should I do?
Enter “Lakeville” in the search bar to get all ISD 194 schools.
All in all, MealViewer is here to provide you with a variety of information at your fingertips, including what’s on the menu, allergen alerts, and carbs, calories and more. We hope these tips and tricks have helped you better understand MealViewer. Don’t forget to download the MealViewer To Go app on your phone or find us at https://lakevillearea.mealviewer.net/.