Six individuals will be recognized in May with Lakeville Area Public Schools highest awards.
Each year Lakeville Area Public Schools present Friends of Education Awards to honor outstanding individual contributions to Lakeville Area Public Schools. The awards recognize people whose service has been ongoing in one of the following categories: Volunteer Service, Business/Community Partnerships, Distinguished Service, and Education. The awards will be presented at the 2017 Staff Recognition Reception at 4:30 p.m. May 24, 2017 at Brackett’s Crossing Country Club.
Staff and members of the Lakeville Area community were invited to nominate people they thought were deserving of these awards. Nominees were judged primarily on the significance of contributions to education in Lakeville Area Public Schools over the years. Nominees included district employees and community members who have contributed to Lakeville Area Public Schools programs and services. All awardees were selected based upon meeting the following criteria:
- Achieved above and beyond what is expected in the public school program
- Positively affected one or more of the following: program development, staff morale, community support, student interest, learning environment, or general support for public education
- Provided creative leadership in inspiring or motivating others to achieve or contribute to public education
- Demonstrated continuing support for Lakeville Area Public Schools
“We are thrilled to celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of our Friends of Education award winners,” said Dr. Lisa Snyder, superintendent of schools. “The positive impact of their collective time and talents is so appreciated and important to the success of our students and community.”
The qualifications were considered collectively so the persons selected are recognized for their service to the entire district, rather than for one particular project or area of performance. After great consideration of the numerous outstanding entries, we are excited to honor this year’s winners:
- Volunteer Service – Angie Farrell and Erin Gonyea
- Business/Community Partnerships – Steve Lorenz
- Distinguished Service – Linda Swanson
- Education – Rebecca Chamberlain and Holly Traub