Lakeville Area staff members are invited to the annual MMSA Summer Institute featuring Willow Sweeney
- Date: Thursday, June 22
- Location: Lakeville South High School
- Theme: Creating a Top 20, Effective Workplace Culture from the Inside Out; The Power of Choice
- To register, please contact: Margaret Porter – email@example.com or 952-892-3816
- Cost: ISD 194 will provide scholarships to the first 50 Lakeville Area staff members
Welcome speaker Willow Sweeney
Willow Sweeney is co-founder of Top 20 Training that provides training and materials to empower leaders. teachers, parents and students to develop their potential. She and her Top 20 team have trained over 450,000 leaders throughout the United States.
Willow has co-authored Top 20 Teachers: The Revolution in American Education, Top 20 Parents: Raising Happy, Responsible and Emotionally Healthy Children and Top 20 Teens: Discovering the Best-kept Thinking, Learning and Communicating Secrets of Successful Teenagers.
Willow’s career has included high school teaching, coaching and she has been a national speaker and trainer since 2002. She and her husband, Brian, have two sons and live in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
1st session – 90 minutes
- Above and Below the Line (1st half): Top 20s Live Above the Line: How Our Thinking Governs Our Experience – This session focuses on becoming aware of our thinking so we know when it is working and when it is not working. It explores (1) the conditions that come up in our life that invite us to go Below the Line, (2) indicators telling us when we are Below, (3) how to handle Below the Line experiences with more grace and dignity and (4) how to trampoline back Above the Line.
2nd session – 90 minutes
- Above and Below the Line (2nd half)
3rd session – 120 minutes
- Tornadoes, Thought Circles and 4 Pillars of Top 20 Culture: Top 20s Create a Top 20 Culture Top 20 Training – Top 20s create a culture that develops the potential of colleagues. This session presents four components of a Top 20 culture: (1) help others succeed, (2) communicate ‘you matter,’ (3) honor the absent, and (4) see the problem, own the problem. It also presents a tool for assessing the degree to which these components exist in a culture; Top 20s Reduce Negativity: Eliminating Thought Circles and Tornadoes – Experiences and relationships are diminished by negativity. This session provides staff with awareness and means for reducing negativity in their own thinking and in their social conversations.
- Margaret Porter – firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-892-3816