The McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth program is designed to address the problems that homeless children and youth have faced in enrolling, attending and succeeding in school.
Students would be covered under this program if they live in any of the following situations:
– Staying in a shelter or trailer
– Sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, etc.
– Living in a car, abandoned building, or similar
– Temporarily living in a motel or hotel due to loss of housing from economic hardship
– Unknown nighttime residence
Eligible students have the right to remain in their school of origin (where they attended at the time they were placed under the McKinney-Vento program) and have equal access to the same free, appropriate public education (including public preschool education) as other children and youth.
Staff: Please complete and submit the Homeless Transportation Request to District Homeless Liaison Mary Moody at email@example.com. Mary will process and submit to Schmitty & Son’s who will contact the family with pick-up and drop-off arrangements.