Looking to serve and support your school district? Become a candidate for the Lakeville Area Schools Board of Education.
Residents interested in joining the Lakeville Area Schools Board of Education are invited to submit an affidavit of candidacy between July 28 and August 11.
School Board Candidate requirements:
- Eligible voter
- At least 21 years old when the term begins in January 2021
- Resident of Lakeville Area Schools District 194 within 30 days before the general election
Candidate Filing Packets are currently available online here or for pick up at the Lakeville Area Schools District Office during regular office hours. Please wear a mask and follow social distancing instructions when picking up.
17630 Juniper Path, Suite A
Lakeville, MN 55044
Hours: 8:00-11:45 a.m., 1-4 p.m.
The Candidate Filing Packets include the Affidavit of Candidacy form and the 2020 Campaign Manual. Please note there is a $2 filing fee.
Filing Deadline: 5 p.m. Tuesday, August 11
Affidavits must be notarized and can be submitted in one of three ways:
- Hand-deliver affidavit and filing fee to the District Office by appointment. Filing candidates must sign in front of a notary public. Please bring a valid I.D. Please contact Tom Bonnett at Thomas.Bonnett@isd194.org or 952-232-2001 to make an appointment.
- Submit an already-notarized affidavit and filing fee in person at the District Office.
- Leave an already-notarized affidavit and filing fee in the District Office drop box.
For more information call the District Office at 952-232-2001. Further details on becoming a School Board candidate are also available on the website of the Minnesota Secretary of State.
Three Four-Year Terms Up For Election
Up for election are the seats of Board of Education members Bob Erickson, Judy Keliher and Terry Lind, whose terms expire Dec. 31, 2020. Elected board members will assume office in January 2021 and serve a four-year term.
For questions or additional information, please contact Tom Bonnett, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent at email@example.com or 952-232-2001.