Teaching and Learning Services
The Teaching and Learning Department is focused on ensuring that every student has access to engaging instruction and the opportunity to excel.
The goals of the Department of Teaching and Learning:
- Goal 1: Content Areas – Provide collaborative opportunities for deep analysis of state/national/ACT standards and benchmarks to ensure aligned assessments and engaging, relevant pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of all students.
- Goal 2: Culturally Responsive Pedagogy – Support the development of culturally responsive practices that ensure high expectations for each student and eliminate achievement disparities through personalized learning.
- Goal 3: Future-Ready Skills – Deliver professional learning in three strands of Future Ready skills: foundational literacies (literacy, numeracy, scientific literacy, digital literacy, financial literacy, and cultural/civic literacy), competencies (critical thinking, creativity, communication, and collaboration) and character qualities (curiosity, initiative, persistence/grit, adaptability, leadership, social/cultural awareness)
- Goal 4: Technology & Digital Resources – Deliver high quality professional learning and coaching so that each staff member is fluent in the use of current core technology skills, the implementation of a variety of digital resources, and the inclusion of future-ready competencies in their pedagogy.
- Goal 5: Teacher Development and Evaluation (TDE) – Provide continuous professional learning in the Teacher Development and Evaluation process, the QComp process and the Charlotte Danielson rubrics to support high levels of student achievement and engagement.
The Department of Teaching and Learning includes:
|Equity Services||Elementary Content Standards||World’s Best Workforce|
|Gifted Services||Middle School Content Standards||Professional Development|
|Digital Learning Services||High School Content Standards|
|Learner Support Services|
Phone: 952-232-2018 Fax: 952-469-6054 Address: 8670 210th Street West, Lakeville, MN 55044
|Dr. Emily McDonald, Assistant Superintendent and Executive Director of Teaching and Learningemail@example.com||952-232-2026|
|Sandy Giorgi, Elementary Teaching and Learning Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-2158|
|Elida Kane, Secondary Teaching and Learning Directoremail@example.com||952-232-2164|
|Doug Stanton, Teacher Development and Evaluation Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-3071|
|Molly Hammel, Gifted Coordinatoremail@example.com||952-232-2558|
|Karen Vanbeek, Digital Learning and Data Specialistfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-3723|
|Brianna Buck, Digital Learning Coordinatoremail@example.com||952-232-2000 vm 6669|
|Cindy Nolan, Career Pathways Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-2000|
|Heather Rabanus, LinK12-Lakeville Directoremail@example.com||612-642-1497|
|Lydia Lindsoe, AVID Director and Equity Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-2067|
|Margaret Wolf, School Success Liaison/American Indian Liaisonemail@example.com||952-232-5044|
|Regina Smith, School Success Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-2000|
|Hugo Muñoz, School Success Liaisonemail@example.com||952-232-3999 vm 2065|
|Huda Ali, School Success Liaisonfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-3999 vm 2066|
|Amy Bercich, Office Manager Equity & Innovation Services||amy.bercich@isd194.||952-232-2023|
|Pam Fetzek, Teaching & Learning Assistantemail@example.com||952-232-2020|
|Sandy Eissinger, Teaching & Learning Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org||952-232-2019|