2018-21 Strategic Plan
To inspire a passion for learning in every student.
In partnership with families and community, we strive to ensure success for every student— personally, socially, academically and civically.
AREAS OF FOCUS
The Board of Education and Administration is focused on the following strategic goal areas:
Strategic Focus #1: Student Achievement
- Inspire all students to reach their full potential and prepare them for the future by providing equitable access to high quality academic instruction, co-curricular activities and services that are responsive to individual needs. Through the delivery of engaging and rigorous learning experiences within safe and positive environments, students will develop their sense of purpose, passion, motivation and future orientation.
Strategic Focus #2: Community Connectedness
- Seek, engage and strengthen community partnerships in the schools and across our District to support positive student outcomes. Provide consistent, timely and accurate information so all community members are engaged, and well-informed and feel pride in supporting the goals of our schools and District. Provide feedback opportunities through advisory committees, public comment and communication directly to administration.
Strategic Focus #3: Fiscal Responsibility
- Maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility with the funds the community and state entrust to the District. Evaluate program assessments on investments, report accurate and timely financial information, audit all aspects of the finance operation and require all staff who manage budgets to meet the highest standards of fiscal accountability. This work will foster measurable investments and ensure sustainability across all operations.
Strategic Focus #4: High Quality Workforce
- Attract, develop and retain the most qualified employees to achieve the District mission and prepare all students for future success in whatever path they choose. Allocate staffing to effectively meet the educational needs of all students within the constraints of available financial resources. Foster a work environment that recognizes and rewards the efforts of all District employees to ensure student success.
Strategic Focus #5: Safety and Security
- Provide a safe, positive and healthy environment for our students and staff. Through effective planning, training and communication we will strive to enhance the District-wide response protocols to maintain a secure and welcoming environment for all stakeholders. Cyber security and data privacy are key and essential elements of protecting our staff and students.