AVID, short for Advancement Via Individual Determination is a College Preparation System that closes the achievement, expectation, and opportunity gaps many students face. The AVID elective offers an academic elective class targeting students in the academic middle that have the desire to go to college and the willingness to work hard.
The AVID program
- Teaches skills and behaviors for academic success
- Provides intensive support with tutorials and strong student/teacher relationships
- Creates a positive peer group for students
- Develops a sense of hope for personal achievement gained through hard work and determination
AVID’s mission is an essential strategy for closing the achievement gap, making college access and success available to all students.
AVID in our schools
- Lakeville North High School
- Lakeville South High School
- McGuire Middle School
- Kenwood Trail Middle School
- Century Middle School
- Lakeville Area Learning Center (ALC)
Learn more about the program by contacting your child’s school.