As the District continues to move forward in developing plans to support MDH Guidelines in regards to COVID-19 preparedness and District operations of facility use, we appreciate your continued patience and partnership.
Priority Scheduling Update
At this time, facility use from October through November 30 will be prioritized for scheduling. Determination on dates after November 30 will be made at a later time.
Weekly Facility Update Meetings
The Facility Use Office will be holding weekly Google Meets meetings each Thursday at 11:00 am. These meetings are open to any and all local youth associations including sports and scouting groups. Those who would like to attend must RSVP the Wednesday prior by 3:00 pm. If no RSVP’s are received, that weeks meeting will be cancelled and any updates will be placed on Facility Use webpage. In addition, weekly updates will be posted to the Facility Use webpage each Friday.
RSVP for this weekly call on Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. HERE.
Facility Group Updates
Phased Opening of Facilities
We continue to move forward in developing plans to support MDH and MDE Guidelines in regards to COVID-19 preparedness and overall District operations of facility use. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Phase One | June 1 – June 15
Phase Two | July 6 – August 16
Phase Three | August 17 – September 13
Phase Four | September 14 – September 27
Facility Use For Non-District Sponsored Groups
- Approved facility use by non-District sponsored groups may begin September 28. Organizations with long-term auditorium contracts may begin September 20.
- Available facilities will include Middle and High Schools. Elementary schools and Crystal Lake Education Center are not being scheduled at this time due to many additional spaces being used as instructional spaces in order to deliver the hybrid learning model.
- Available spaces that are able to be requested at secondary buildings include gyms, cafeterias, commons, and lecture halls.
- Pool use is still being determined
- Classrooms are not being scheduled at this time.
- Groups are able to submit requests for dates through November 30 at this time.
- The District is working to support community use of facilities, however due to space constraints, healthy and safety requirements, altered high school and middle school activities and sports schedules, limited custodial availability and high community demand, not all requests will be able to be accommodated
- At this time, facility use from October through November 30 will be prioritized for scheduling. Determination on dates after November 30 will be made at a later time.
- All requests that have been previously submitted for fall use will need to be re-submitted, taking into consideration limited space constraints listed above
- The priority for scheduling space will be based upon:
- District-sponsored activities, programs and services
- Non-district sponsored requests by organizations serving youth
- All other requests
- When requesting use, the following items are required to be completed prior to use:
- Facility Use Request Form completed
- Preparedness Plan for each type of use / group to be submitted to FaciliesUse@isd194.org. Preparedness plans must include operations and steps that each group will put in place in accordance with MDH guidelines.
- An updated Certificate of Insurance listing ISD 194 as additional insured, with $1.5 million minimum liability.
- A virtual meeting between a Facility Use Office team member, group officers, and onsite group leaders will be held to review proposed use, preparedness plan, and leader and participant expectations.
- An onsite walkthrough of the approved spaces that will cover all items discussed during the virtual meeting.
- Please be aware that if the District or a specific school moves into a Distance Learning model all non-district sponsored facility use including long-term contracts for all schools or a specific school may be cancelled without advance notice.
- Any outstanding fees from your user group will need to be paid.
An onsite walk-through will be scheduled to go over the arrivals and in person planning for your group, members of District staff will also be available to hear plan and offer support and or any supplies and access accommodation and planning needed.
The participants of your program are each user group’s responsibility. This is part of the District guidelines and facility use rules. Before, during and after while they are on District property. Please ensure that there is a person from your group monitoring both arrival and departure. We have had multiple concerns brought forward this past week that are around safety and monitoring.
Exposure & Diagnosis Steps & FAQs
Resources and References
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance:
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Guidance:
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Guidance:
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
For Businesses: Safely Returning to Work – templates
Lakeville Area Schools Facility Use