ACTIVITIES, ATHLETICS AND COMMUNITY FACILITY USE
Governor Tim Walz issued Emergency Executive Order 20-103 and Extending and Modifying Executive Order 20-99.
Following Executive Order 20-103 and the modification of Executive Order 20-99, District-sponsored activities and athletics will resume on January 4, 2021.
Your Activities Directors, Coaches and Community Education leaders will communicate with you directly regarding specific details for your sport, activity or class. Some of these activities and classes may have options for virtual/remote participation.
Non-District Sponsored user groups may begin facility use, at limited locations, on beginning January 11, 2021. Review Activities, Athletics and Facilities-Use details here.
Current changes in guidance include: mask requirement, no spectators, social distancing updates, and more. Please view the updated MDH guidance listed HERE.
Weekly Facility Update Meetings
The Facility Use Office offers weekly virtual meetings to provide clarification and updates to the local community associations and organizations that utilize Lakeville Area Schools facilities. To participate in these calls you must submit contact information through this LINK. An invite will be sent. Requests to join the meeting must be made by Wednesdays at 3:00 PM.
Lakeville Area Schools COVID-19 Participation Dial
Facility Group Updates
Facility Use For Non-District Sponsored Groups
When the Dial Level is such that facility use by non-district sponsored groups can occur the following information has been included for your planning purposes.
- Facility requests for the month of January will start to be reviewed and processed on Tuesday, January 5.
- Available facilities will include Middle and High Schools. Note, limited use request at McGuire Middle School.
- Crystal Lake Education Center is not being scheduled at this time due to many additional spaces being used as instructional spaces in order to deliver the hybrid learning model.
- Elementary gym available is being reviewed by District leadership. Updates will be available and shared with applicable youth organizations the weeks of January 4 and January 11.
- Available spaces that are able to be requested at secondary buildings include gyms, cafeterias, commons, and lecture halls. Spaces not listed here that are requested will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Classrooms are not being scheduled at this time.
- At this time, groups are able to submit requests for dates through January 31, 2021.
- The District is working to support community use of facilities, however due to space constraints, healthy and safety requirements, altered high school and middle school activities and sports schedules, limited custodial availability and high community demand, not all requests will be able to be accommodated.
- The priority for scheduling space will be based upon:
- District-sponsored activities, programs and services.
- Non-district sponsored requests by organizations serving youth.
- All other requests.
- When requesting use, the following items are required to be completed prior to use:
- Facility Use Request Form completed
- Preparedness Plan for each type of use / group to be submitted to FaciliesUse@isd194.org. Preparedness plans must include operations and steps that each group will put in place in accordance with current MDH guidelines.
- An current Certificate of Insurance listing ISD 194 as additional insured, with $1.5 million minimum liability.
- A virtual meeting between a Facility Use Office team member, group officers, and onsite group leaders will be held to review proposed use, preparedness plan, and leader and participant expectations.
- An onsite walkthrough of the approved spaces that will cover all items discussed during the virtual meeting.
- Any outstanding fees from your user group will need to be paid.
An onsite walk-through will be scheduled to go over the arrivals and in person planning for your group, members of District staff will also be available to hear plan and offer support and or any supplies and access accommodation and planning needed.
The participants of your program are each user group’s responsibility. This is part of the District guidelines and facility use rules. Before, during and after while they are on District property. Please ensure that there is a person from your group monitoring both arrival and departure. We have had multiple concerns brought forward this past week that are around safety and monitoring.
Exposure & Diagnosis Steps & FAQs
Resources and References
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance:
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Guidance:
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Guidance:
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
For Businesses: Safely Returning to Work – templates
Lakeville Area Schools Facility Use