Early Childhood Screening
What is Early Childhood Screening?
Early Childhood Screening (ECS) is a FREE developmental screening required for all preschool age children by the State of Minnesota. It includes a developmental screening, hearing, height, weight and immunization review. It also includes a vision screening that helps detect potential eye problems but is not a substitute for a comprehensive eye exam. The screening can detect possible health or learning concerns and provide parents links to school and community resources. ECS is required for every child entering kindergarten as well as children attending school-based preschool programs. In order for your child to start kindergarten or attend a school-based preschool program in any Minnesota Public School, you will need to provide proof of ECS.
Is it time for Early Childhood Screening?
Is your child 3 to 4 years old? Then it is time for Early Childhood Screening (ECS). The optimum age for ECS is 3 1/2. We are looking for children 3 to 4 years old who have not yet participated in Early Childhood Screening. All 4 year olds on our school district list will be notified and mailed a screening packet. If your child is already 4 years old, and not had ECS or been scheduled for an appointment, please call 952-232-3000, ext. 3 to schedule an appointment. If your child has received ECS by another school district or Head Start, you do not need to call.
- Screenings are by appointment on Tuesdays and a few Mondays during the school year. If you do not receive a letter to schedule an appointment time, or are new to the community and your child needs to be screened, please call 952-232-3000, ext 3.
- Appointments are for parent and child together, and take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Screenings are currently held at Crystal Lake Education Center, 16250 Ipava Ave, Lakeville.
- After the screening is completed, you will receive a copy of the summary sheet and the form will be sent to your child’s elementary school for the following fall school year.
- Questions? Call 952-232-3006.
Análisis de la Primera Infancia
Análisis de la Primera Infancia (ECS) es GRATUITO para todos los niños en edad preescolar y requerido por el estado de Minnesota. La edad óptima para analizar es de 3 a 4 años de edad y debe completarse antes de entrar al kindergarten. Incluye una revisión deldesarrollo de su hijo, la visión, la audición y las vacunas. ECS ayuda a identificar a los niños que pueden beneficiarse del distrito y de los recursos de la comunidad. Para ser una cita en ECS para su hijo(a) llame al 952-3000 #3 y deje un mensaje. Le regresaremos la llamada. ECS se encuentra en el Centro de Educación de Cristal Lake, 16250 Ipava Ave.