- Start Times: 9:00 am or 12:30 pm
- Dismissal: 11:30 am or 3:00 pm
- Office Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Office Phone: 952-232-3001
- Attendance Line: 952-232-3019
When a student is absent for any reason, the parent is expected to notify the school at 952-232-3019. Please provide your child’s name, teacher’s name, classroom name and section, and reason for the absence.
Arrival and Departure
Children arriving early will need to wait to enter the classroom since teachers will be busy with their set-up and planning which takes place prior to the beginning of class.
It is important that pick up times be closely observed. Teachers have responsibilities after the school session and cannot be expected to supervise children during this time. Children will be released to individuals displaying a dismissal card. A late fee of $1.00 per minute may be assessed if punctuality at dismissal time becomes a problem.
Upon arrival at Small Wonders Preschool, children should proceed to their classroom area. The parent or adult authorized to transport the child must remain with the child until the child has been welcomed into the classroom. Information is especially needed by the parent or authorized adult if one of the following areas of the child’s life has changed or is not routine:
- How the child slept the night before (i.e. change in hours of sleep)
- The child’s mood and demeanor that day
- If there had been any change in at home which may impact the child
- If there had been any sign of illness: fever, skin eruptions, vomiting, diarrhea, discolored mucus with frequent sneezing or coughing, extreme fatigue, swollen glands, discharge from the eyes, or a sore throat: these children may not be well enough to attend school.
Authorization to Pick Up Child
Your child will only be released to parents or an authorized person listed on your Authorized Pick Up information. Staff are required to ask for identification from anyone unfamiliar attempting to pick up a child. If an unauthorized person attempts to pick up your child, you will be contacted. If you can’t be reached, your child will be held until you or your emergency contact person arrives.
When filling out your family profile you must list persons authorized to pick up your child from school. You will need to manage authorized pick ups for each child on your account separately. Please have two backup people that your child may be released to if you are not able to pick up your child.
We recognize that it is legal for either parent to pick up a child unless we have a copy of a court order restricting visitations.
Copies of legal documents must be provided to the program office before any staff person can actively prevent noncustodial parents from picking up their child.
Late Pick Up
All children must be picked up on time from their classes. If an emergency delays you and you are going to be late picking up your child, please make plans for another person on your authorized pick up list to pick up your child on time, and call program staff immediately.
In the event that your child is still at school after class dismisses and we have not heard from you, we will take the following steps (in order):
- Attempt to reach you at home or work.
- Call the people listed as additional persons authorized to pick up your child.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late, the police will be contacted for assistance.
If you are planning a visit to Crystal Lake Education Center or the Community Education Building outside of drop off or pick up time please have a state ID. You will need to swipe your ID in the visitor management system. When your visit is over please remember to swipe your ID again to sign out.