Kid Zone (Hybrid Learning Model)
Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care For Tier 1 Critical Workers and Non-Tier 1 Critical Worker Students
- Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care is a fee-based program for all families (including Tier I Critical Workers). Priority registration will be given to Tier I Critical Worker families. Additional families will be added on a first come, first served basis based upon program capacity.
- The first day of Kid Zone is Monday, September 14, 2020 and the last day of Kid Zone is Tuesday, June 8, 2021.
- Kid Zone Program Hours:
- Before School Child Care: 6:30 a.m. to the start of the school day
- After School Child Care: End of the school day to 6 p.m.
- Non-Tier 1 Critical Worker students may attend Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care on their in-person Learning Group Days (A/B) only.
- Breakfast can be purchased through the Lakeville Area Schools Student Nutrition Department. There is no charge for Kindergarten students or families qualifying for free or reduced lunch rates. An afternoon snack will be provided at no charge. If your child has specific dietary needs, please connect with your child’s Kid Zone instructor, school nurse, and/or school cook.
- Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care will follow the Minnesota Department of Health’s guidance of a 1:14 ratio.
- Health screenings will occur at drop off and pick up and will follow the District elementary school process.
- If student para support is identified through an IEP team process, support will be provided.
- Middle School students are not eligible to participate in Kid Zone Before and After School Child Care.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child to be paid at time of registration for Kid Zone Child Care. Both Tier 1 and Non-Tier 1 families must pay this fee.
- Tuition and fee information can be found on our website here.
Kid Zone Non-School Day Options
- Kid Zone will offer fee-based child care on most non-school days such as MEA, Winter Break, etc.
- Non-school days are open to all elementary-aged students, however Non-School Days will have limited availability with priority registration given to Tier 1 Critical Worker families.
- Non-school days may be cancelled if the District moves to the Distance Learning model.
- Registration will be available in mid-September.
- These days are non-refundable.
School Day Child Care for Tier 1 Critical Workers
Information for about School Day Child Care for Tier 1 Critical worker families can be found here.