On Wednesday, Nov. 18, Governor Tim Walz issued Minnesota Emergency Executive Order 20-99 implementing a four-week pause on certain activities. Beginning 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20 through Friday, Dec. 18, Lakeville Area Schools will not hold or host in-person youth or adult activities, including high school and middle school sports, other co-curricular activities, games, performances, competitions, practices, or other in-person gatherings of teams or groups. This also includes Community Education enrichment programs. Additionally, the school district will not be allowing general non-district sponsored use of facilities during this time.
Activities Directors, Coaches and Community Education leaders will communicate with students and families directly regarding specific details for each sport, activity or class. Some of these activities and classes may have options for virtual/remote participation. Non-District Sponsored user groups will be contacted directly by the Facilities Use office.
Lakeville Area Schools COVID-19 Participation Dial
When the pause is lifted by State of Minnesota, Lakeville Area Schools will resume to offer in-person activities, athletics, Community Education enrichment programs and community facility use for as long as it is possible to do so in a safe manner and in consideration of reducing community spread while following the COVID-19 Participation Dial outlined below. All participants, leaders and spectators will continue to follow the established health and safety guidance provided by the Minnesota Department of Education, Minnesota Department of Health, and Minnesota State High School League guidance (where applicable) throughout each Dial Level.
Weekly Decision Timing and Data
The Participation Dial level will be reviewed weekly and changes communicated each Thursday. Superintendent Michael Baumann, in consultation with District administration, will make this recommendation based on county numbers, local zip code and boundary numbers, and school-specific data for ISD 194. Other agencies that may be consulted include: MDH Regional Support Team, Minnesota Department of Education, Minnesota Department of Health, Minnesota State High School League, the Governor’s office, the ISD 194 COVID Response Team, and the ISD 194 Board of Education.
Definition of Groups
Groups A-E are District sponsored programs.
- Group A Activities: District sponsored programming defined as individual in nature or lack competition with a direct opponent. The Winter sports in this category include: Alpine Ski, Dance Team, Gymnastics, Nordic Ski, Boys Swim and Dive (when done virtually).
- Group B Activities: District sponsored programming defined as team sports in nature OR involve competition with a direct opponent. The Winter sports in this category include: Adapted Floor Hockey, Basketball, Hockey, Boys Swim and Dive (when swimming against an opponent in the same pool) and Wrestling.
- Group C Activities: District sponsored programming defined as all high school fine arts, activities & student clubs.
- Group D Activities: District sponsored programming defined as all middle school sports & activities.
- Group E Activities: District Community Education enrichment programming that offers in-person classes and programs to youth or adult students. These classes and programs include: Youth Enrichment, Youth Service & Development, Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Aquatics & Safety and Adult Enrichment.
- Group F Activities: Non-District sponsored facility use for all Class 1, 2, and 3 user groups.