Intra District Transfer is an option for students who live in the Lakeville Area Schools boundary area, but wish to attend a different school in the district other than the one assigned to their residence.
Intra-District Transfer Application Update February 21, 2020:
Due to school capacity concerns and projected growth over the next six months, the district will not be approving any intra-district transfers to the following elementary schools:
Middle School and High School families who applied for intra-district transfer for the 20-21 school year will be contacted through email with school building placement by Monday, March 9.
2020-21 School Year Application ProcessApplications for the 2020-21 school year may now be submitted. Space will be limited and grade level limits will be posted soon based upon space availability as determined by the Board of Education.
- Apply now through February 21, 2020. Please have your full application submitted.
- A lottery will take place between February 21 and March 6. This is not a first-come, first-served process, but will be an impartial lottery for all applicants. Per District policy, the district will attempt to give priority to enrolling siblings of currently enrolled students, and children of the school district's staff. Applications received by February 21 will be included in the lottery, but will not be guaranteed enrollment in any school other than the residence assigned school.
- Lottery acceptance/denial will be communicated through email from the District’s Student Services Department on March 6.
- Parent/guardian must notify the Student Services Department by March 16 of their school choice or will risk losing placement
- School building placement assignment will be communicated by May 15.