Intra District Transfer is an option for students who live in the Lakeville Area Schools boundary area, but wish to attend a different school in the district other than the one assigned to their residence.
Please note, the intra-district transfer process applies only to families who currently live within the boundaries of ISD194 and are applying to attend a school other than their attendance area school. If you do not currently live within the boundaries of ISD194, please follow the procedures for open-enrollment.
2020-21 School Year Application ProcessApplications for the 2020-21 school year may now be submitted. Space will be limited and grade level limits will be posted soon based upon space availability as determined by the Board of Education.
- Apply now through February 21, 2020. Please have your full application submitted.
- A lottery will take place between February 21 and March 6. This is not a first-come, first-served process, but will be an impartial lottery for all applicants. Per District policy, the district will attempt to give priority to enrolling siblings of currently enrolled students, and children of the school district's staff. Applications received by February 21 will be included in the lottery, but will not be guaranteed enrollment in any school other than the residence assigned school.
- Lottery acceptance/denial will be communicated through email from the District’s Student Services Department on March 6.
- Parent/guardian must notify the Student Services Department by March 16 of their school choice or will risk losing placement
- School building placement assignment will be communicated by May 15.
How to Submit Your ApplicationEmail Mary.Moody@isd194.org Fax 952-469-6054 Mail/drop off to Lakeville Area Schools, 17630 Juniper Path, Suite A, Lakeville, MN 55044
2020-21 School Year Application Form
2019-20 School Year Application Form
While waiting for a decision regarding your Intra District Enrollment application, you are welcome to attend Information Sessions scheduled at your residence assigned school, with the understanding that your student may or may not be approved for that school. If you submit paperwork at a school other than where your student might end up being placed, the paperwork can be easily transferred to the school building of placement.
No. Once accepted into a particular school, your student may remain there until they transition to a new building. Students will transition to the next level building with their peers provided space is available in that school building. If space is not available, your student will attend their residence assigned school and no application will be required.
We strive to allow the student to transition to the middle or high school that the majority of their peers will attend, but evaluation of enrollment numbers each year may necessitate their enrollment to their residence assigned school.