Kindergarten Registration Checklist
In order to help facilitate the registration process please have the following items with you when registering your student(s). You will need to follow the instructions on our Enrollment web page.
- If Lakeville Area resident – Proof of Residency
- Immunization Records
- A copy of Certified Birth Certificate for verification
- Preschool screening record
- Enrollment Form
- Health Inventory Form
- Bus Transportation Form
- Early Childhood Screening Report If your child has not had this completed, please make an appointment for this screening by calling 952-232-3000, extension 3.
Children who are five-years-old on or before September 1 are eligible to begin kindergarten. Please bring your child’s official embossed birth certificate to Kindergarten Registration.
Early Entrance to Kindergarten
Children who become five years of age on September 2 through October 15 of the calendar school year for which the student seeks admission may enroll in kindergarten based upon meeting the guidelines for early entrance to kindergarten. A request needs to be made in writing to the building principal by March 1. In order to minimize the academic risks associated with early entrance to kindergarten, academic and intellectual ability testing is required. For more information visit the Gifted Services: Early Entrance webpage.
Kindergarten Information Nights
Children entering kindergarten Fall of 2019-20 should plan to attend Kindergarten Information Night. Parents/Guardians will receive information about kindergarten, as well as have an opportunity to meet the principal and kindergarten teachers. Representatives from Kid Zone, district nurses and Schmitty & Sons Bus Company will be available for questions.
- Lakeville Area Schools busing service is provided by Schmitty and Sons Bus Company. Please contact Schmitty & Sons Bus Company with any questions about bus services.
- Elementary, middle and high school students living less than 2 miles from their school building may be eligible to purchase bus service. All students who qualify will receive a letter with information on how to register. The District’s Transportation Department page includes forms, online payment information, policies and Frequently Asked Questions.