October-November KTMS Newsletter
- Please read the latest newsletter here.
October 10, 11 and 16 Parent-Teacher Conferences
KTMS uses a website called PTCFast.com to schedule our parent-teacher conferences. Families will receive an email on September 27 outlining the process for scheduling conferences. On September 29, an email containing the link to the PTCFast scheduling site will be sent to families. This link to the site will be live at 3:00 pm on September 29.
Lifetouch School Photo Retakes on Tuesday, October 16
KTMS has scheduled a picture retake day for any new students, students who were absent for the prior picture days, or students who are not 100% satisfied with their picture package and want their portrait retaken. The date is Tuesday, October 16. Retakes will be done during students’ homeroom class periods. Students are asked to bring their original picture package with them when they have the retake done. See Lifetouch’s website for more information.
- See the list of KTMS co-curricular clubs here. Registration opens on Friday, October 5.
- Register online through FeePay.
KTMS students participating in co-curricular activities that are located at CMS, MMS, LNHS, LSHS, or North Park may take the activity shuttle after school. Shuttles leave from the KTMS pool entrance/driveway. Shuttle routes are posted in the main office and at the pool entrance. Shuttle routes are also posted on the Middle School Activities page.
2018-2019 School Supply List
August 2018 Back to School Newsletter
- The newsletter was emailed to families on August 1. It contains lots of information that will be helpful throughout the school year.
New Cell Phone/Smart Watch/Electronic Device Protocols at KTMS
Students learned about the new protocols in their PE/Health classes during the week of May 29 – June 1.
2018-2019 Fall/Winter Community Education Catalog
Check out all the offerings the Lakeville Area Public School District has through Community Education in this catalog. Pages 21 through 25 feature middle school offerings.
2018-2019 School Calendar
Our Board of Education approved the school calendar for 2018-2019 at its January 9 meeting.
Lakeville Area Public Schools Community Education is sponsoring ACE, an after school homework enrichment program for KTMS students on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2:10 to 3:00 pm. In addition to homework help, students will have the opportunity to learn keyboarding skills, receive help with organization, receive help from high school tutors, and participate in other enrichment activities. See the flyer for more information about the program and about registration. Call 952-232-2172 with any questions.
Donate to the KTMS PTO via PayPal
All donations will be used to support student needs at KTMS: technology, field trips, Homework Bus, classroom supplies, library supplies, teacher wish lists, Fall Fling, and Game Days. Just click on the Donate button below!
Instagram Information for Parents
Kenwood Trail/Highway 50 Expansion Project
- See current information about the Highway 50 (Kenwood Trail) expansion project here.
- Route Map for County Road 50/Kenwood Trail Reconstruction project - updated April 2018
Middle School 8th Grade Washington DC and NYC Trip Information
- Learn more this trip at the MMS/KTMS trip website.
- Note: This trip is not sponsored by the Lakeville Area Public Schools.
Link to KARE11 Story
KARE11 news recently aired a story about phone/computer apps that are popular with teenagers and that all parents should know about. You can see the story here
The KTMS Homework Bus for 2018-2019
The KTMS Homework Bus will start rolling again on Monday, September 24! We have a bus that takes kids to 16 stops around our attendance area. To ride the Homework Bus, students need to:
- Find out which stop is close to their home (not every neighborhood has a stop!).
- Talk with their teacher/s about staying after (the Homework Bus is available only to students who stay after for teacher/staff-supervised activities). Students should make arrangements with teachers before the end of the school day.
- Get permission from your parents to take the Homework Bus.
- Be ready to board the bus at the front of the building at 3:05 p.m. (the bus leaves at 3:10 p.m.).
- Follow all school and bus behavior expectations while on the Homework Bus.
The Homework Bus Route:
The Homework Bus 2018-2019 Dates (subject to change):
- September 24
- October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 30 (Tues.)
- November 12, 19
- December 3, 10, 17
- January 7, 14, 17 (Thurs.), 28
- February 4, 11, 19 (Tues.), 25
- March 4, 11, 18, 19 (Tues.)
- April 8, 15, 22, 29
- May 6, 13, 20, 28 (Tues.)
- June 3