The Lakeville Chamber of Commerce is hosts College Financial Planning Evening each fall. This event is held for mainly Lakeville Sophomore and Junior students and their parents. There are guest speakers and business representatives attending, who will speak and answer your questions regarding college financial planning, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA, state financial aid programs, scholarships, expected family contribution to tuition, sources of financial aid, plus a breakdown of college costs. Don’t miss this informative presentation which is advertised in the fall. The 2019-20 Financial Planning Event will be held: October 28, 2019 LNHS Auditorium at 6:30pm
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete and submit a free application for federal student financial aid and to apply for most state and college aid.
- Applications beginning Oct. 1st and ending by June of each year
- Download and print the FAFSA Worksheet to assist with the application
- Obtain worksheet and apply online at FAFSA.gov
- All State FAFSA Aid deadlines are posted on the website Worksheet and Application forms
- The current year’s taxes should be completed before applying to simplify the application process
- Your SAR will be sent to you after your online application usually within 3 days
- Contact your prospective college with any SAR errors and correct them online with FAFSA
The Application Date Applicants can now apply for federal student aid on October 1st of each year. Procrastinators, take heed: Take advantage of the earlier start date, as financial aid is often given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. Filing early could mean more money for college for the next school year. Additionally, many colleges have also moved up their financial aid application deadlines to coincide with the new FAFSA date; check your student’s college’s financial aid web pages to avoid missing important deadlines.
Tuition Reciprocity Programs
Minnesota has reciprocity agreements with Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota for the cost of tuition at the state colleges and universities.
MIDWEST STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM Students attending school at state colleges in Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, & Nebraska may be eligible for reduced tuition rates. Student will pay 150% of regular in-state tuition under this program. A 10% tuition discount may apply at certain private colleges in these states.