The LNHS Scholarships (Available in February of each school year)
As with all general scholarships, LNHS Scholarship recipients ONLY, will be NOTIFIED of their award through their school Google EMAIL account by approximately the end of April or the first week of May. Look for announcements regarding the recipients email notifications.
– The LNHS Application
- LATE applications and/or recommendation forms will NOT be accepted
- Available to all LNHS senior students
- High School TRANSCRIPT will AUTOMATICALLY be generated for the LNHS Application
- Attach with paperclip, any additional items to the application, such as a , and any essays
- The LNHS Application DOES NOT require an envelope
- ONE teacher .
Applicants should complete this TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM, but allow 2 weeks for the Recommendation FORM (not letter) to be completed.
- To be eligible for the scholarships below, use the LNHS Application. All scholarships on this application require community/volunteer involvement, academic achievement, all around good student, leadership, role model, extra-curricular/work and/or activities, plus any additional individual scholarship requirements listed for these scholarships.
LNHS (print application to apply for the scholarships listed here)
- Apple Autos…(attach an essay by using criteria) Recommendation for Apple Autos: The application FORM (attached to application) AND ONE recommendation LETTER required
- Century Middle School Scholarship… (attended CMS) and attach an essay using criteria)
- Dakota Electric Association Scholarship… (criteria requirements listed above)
- David Lunde Memorial/Wold Architect & Engineering Scholarship… (pursuing architecture or building design, mechanical or electrical engineering)
- Eastview Elementary PTO Scholarship… (attended EVE)
- Joey Dokken Memorial Scholarship… (interest in a STEM career, activity involvement such as Math League, Soccer, Boy Scouts, Band)
- Kopp Family Foundation Scholarship… (application’s general criteria requirements listed above)
- LNHS Staff Scholarship… at least (application’s general criteria requirements listed above)
- Lion Terry Longhorst Memorial Scholarship… (financial need, prefer 2 yr community, tech, but also can be attending a 4 yr college)
- Oak Hills Elementary PTO Scholarship… (attended OHE, 3.0 GPA or higher)
- Reiss Family Scholarship… (pursuing Special Education, special needs volunteer encouraged), and attach an essay using criteria)
– The Donors’ Applications
- LATE applications and/or recommendation letters will NOT be accepted
- Available to all LNHS SENIOR students
- High School TRANSCRIPTS will AUTOMATICALLY be generated for each application
- Attach with a paperclip, any additional items, including any recommendation LETTERS (do NOT use the LNHS Recommendation Form for these applications) and any essays to the application
- The applications listed below, DO NOT require an envelope
- For recommendation LETTERS, applicants should complete this and allow 2 weeks for their LETTER to be completed. All letters should be RETURNED TO APPLICANT and then attached to each application as needed
-American Red Cross Educational Scholarship Program
The American Red Cross Educational Scholarship Program is donating a scholarship, which is based on the amount of blood donated by LNHS students each year.
Applicants need to complete a one page essay based upon, and using as the cover page for your essay. (NO recommendation letter or form required)
-Cherry View Elementary PTO Scholarship
Cherry View Elementary is awarding a scholarship to a past CVE student. Recipient must have attended CVE the majority of their elementary years, and may be attending a 2 or a 4 year college with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
Applicant must use and attach a LETTER of recommendation.
-COUNTRY Financial Literacy Scholarship
COUNTRY Financial is awarding a scholarship to a senior LNHS student. Applicant will need to complete and attach and essay. Many families fall prey to predatory lending every year, which is a term used to describe a wide range of unfair financial practices that involve borrowing, lending, and check cashing.
Please explain the most common types of predatory lenders and share reasons why people might use them. Please explain the financial consequences or negative effects for people who use predatory lenders. Consider examples from your own community or neighborhood. Please also offer financial tips (1 or 2 ways) a person could avoid taking out these types of loans.
-Dick’s Sanitation Inc. (DSI) Vocational/Technical Scholarship
Dicks Sanitation (DSI) is awarding a scholarship to a senior LNHS student who have plans to continue their education at a post-secondary school vocational or technical school in the fall of 2020.
Fill out and compose an essay addressing the following: Please state the vocational/technical program you are pursuing in the fall. Please tell us what motivates you to pursue this field of study. *Please feel free to address any success and/or deficiencies you have in your GPA and how you sustained/overcame/or plan to improve your efforts in the future.
-Fairview Ridges Medical Staff Student Scholarship
The Fairview Ridges Hospital medical staff is pleased to sponsor a scholarship to a deserving, academically outstanding senior student. Applicant must be a high academic achiever, outstanding school and community citizen, and planning to attend college in the fall with any field of college study. (DO NOT turn in this application to your Dean for attending the Fairview breakfast …recipient’s Dean will be notified to attend).
Applicants should complete . (NO recommendation letter or form required)
-Jake Flynn Memorial Scholarship (Applicant INTERVIEW REQUIRED on 3/10/20, starting at 2:45pm)
The Jake Flynn Memorial is awarding 3 scholarships. This memorial scholarship is being awarded in memory of Jake Flynn to an outstanding student and good character, is an athlete, is involved in extra-curricular and can demonstrate financial need.
All applicants are required to attend a STUDENT INTERVIEW in the Career Center on March 10, beginning at 2:45pm. Applicants should complete , submit their essay, and attach a recommendation LETTER (Not the LNHS Recommendation Form).
-Lakeville Rotary Club “Service Above Self” Scholarship
The Lakeville Rotary Club is awarding two scholarships to students with unique leadership skills and achievements in the community, volunteerism (helping others), entrepreneurial spirit and attitude for future career plans, has overcome obstacles, and can demonstrate a financial need.
Applicants should apply using and submit a LETTER of recommendation. (Not the LNHS Recommendation Form)
-Matt Heisler Scholarship
The Matt Heisler Scholarship awards two scholarships to students who demonstrate unselfishness, being a true friend, puts others first, caring, athlete, hard working, high spirited, an organ donor, and has a passion for the outdoors. This award has been established as a memorial to Matt Heisler, a 2011 graduate and four-year Lakeville North football player. In his tragic death, Matt donated his organs which impacted over 60 people’s lives.
Applicants should complete this application and refer to this critieria information when completing their essay. (No recommendation letter or form required)
-Nate Rasmussen Memorial Scholarship
The Nate Rasmussen Memorial Scholarship is awarding a scholarship. This memorial scholarship is given in memory to Nate Rasmussen by his family and friends to a student who is involved in the community/work, sports, 3.0 GPA or higher, and activities.
Applicants should complete and submit a recommendation LETTER. (Not the LNHS Recommendation Form)
Establish an LNHS Scholarship
Scholarship donors interested in establishing a scholarship for LNHS students, please contact the Career Center. In order to be considered as an LNHS academic scholarship, the award must be offered to all senior students at LNHS. All scholarships are established by the end January for each school year, and due in March. Scholarship recipients are selected and recognized in May at the Senior Awards Program.
LNHS Career Center Coordinator