LNHS Senior Scholarships
When applicants are selected for an LNHS scholarship, they will be notified by mail, (approximately the first week of May), to attend the LNHS Senior Awards Program, to receive their scholarship award.
(All LNHS Scholarships are available Feb. 2020)
LNHS Scholarships – LNHS’ General Application
LATE applications will not be accepted
- Available to all LNHS senior students
- Return the LNHS Scholarship application to the LNHS Career Center
- High School TRANSCRIPT will AUTOMATICALLY be created for this application
- Attach with paperclip, any additional items to the application, such as a recommendation letter(s) or forms, and any essays
- The LNHS Application DOES NOT require an envelope
- ONE teacher Recommendation FORM is required and is the last page of the LNHS Scholarship Application below. Applicants should complete this STUDENT INFORMATION FOR RECOMMENDATION FORM, give it to a teacher, and allow 2 weeks for the Recommendation Form (last page of application) to be completed. Recommendation Form needs to be RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT and then turned into the Career Center by 3/4/20, 3pm, with their applications. Late Recommendation Forms will not be accepted.
To be eligible for these scholarships listed here, use the LNHS Scholarship Application and its criteria listed. All scholarships on this application require community/volunteer involvement, academic achievement, all around good student, leadership, role model, extra-curricular/work activities, plus any additional individual scholarship requirements listed for these scholarships.
LNHS GENERAL APPLICATION (print to apply for scholarships listed here)
- Apple Autos… (attach an essay by using criteria….1/$2500
- Century Middle School Scholarship…(attended CMS) and attach an essay using criteria….2/$500
- Dakota Electric Association Scholarship… (application’s criteria requirements listed above)…10/$1000
- David Lunde Memorial/Wold Architect & Engineering Scholarship… (pursuing architecture or building design, mechanical or electrical engineering)…1/$1000
- Eastview Elementary PTO Scholarship… (attended EVE)
- Joey Dokken Memorial Scholarship… (interest in a STEM career, activity involvement such as Math League, Soccer, Boy Scouts, Band)…1/$2000
- Kopp Family Foundation Scholarship… (application’s general criteria requirements listed above)…5/$500
- LNHS Staff Scholarship… (application’s general criteria requirements listed above)…TBD (based on blood donations)
- Lion Terrry Longhorst Memorial Scholarship… (financial need, prefer 2 yr community, tech, but also can be attending a 4 yr college)…5/$1000
- Oak Hills Elementary PTO Scholarship… (attended OHE, 3.0 GPA or higher)…1/$200
- Reiss Family Scholarship… (pursuing Special Education, special needs volunteer encouraged), and attach an essay using criteria…3/$4000
LNHS Scholarships – Donors’ Applications
- LATE applications will NOT be accepted
- Available to all LNHS SENIOR students
- Return all individual applications and materials to the LNHS Career Center
- High School TRANSCRIPTS will AUTOMATICALLY be created for each application
- Attach with a paperclip, any additional items, including any recommendation LETTERS (Do not use the LNHS Recommendation Form for these applications) and any essays to the application.
- The applications listed below, DO NOT require an envelope
- For recommendation LETTERS, applicants should complete this Student Information for Recommendation Form and allow 2 weeks for their LETTER to be completed and RETURNED TO APPLICANT to attach to each application as needed
-American Red Cross Educational Scholarship Program
The American Red Cross Educational Scholarship Program is donating 2 scholarships, which is based on the amount of blood donated from LNHS each year. Applicants need to complete a one page essay based upon, and using as the cover page for your essay. (NO recommendation letter/form required)
-Cherry View Elementary PTO Scholarship
Cherry View Elementary is awarding a scholarship to a past CVE student. Recipient must have attended CVE the majority of their elementary years, and may be attending a 2 or a 4 year college with a 2.5 GPA or higher. Applicant must use and attach a LETTER of recommendation.
-COUNTRY Financial Scholarship
COUNTRY Financial is sponsoring a scholarship to a recipient who can answer this year’s scholarship question in a 500 word (or less), double spaced essay. Many American families experience income volatility over the course of a year. Please explain what the phrase ‘income volatility’ means, why a family may experience it, who in our communities are prone to experience ‘income volatility,’ and approximately how many Americans experience it every year. Please offer ways that a family could prepare for a sudden change in income. Please also discuss what you think could be done to help alleviate this situation. Applicants should follow the essay criteria and complete . (NO recommendation letter/form required)
-Fairview Ridges Medical Staff Student Scholarship
The Fairview Ridges Hospital medical staff is pleased to sponsor 1/$1500 scholarship to a deserving, academically outstanding senior student. Applicant must be a high academic achiever, outstanding school and community citizen, and planning to attend college in the fall with any field of college study. (DO NOT turn in this application to your Dean for attending the Fairview breakfast …if directed on the application). Recipient’s Dean will be notified of the breakfast banquet once the recipient has been selected. Applicants should complete and complete . (NO recommendation letter/form required)
-Jake Flynn Memorial Scholarship (Applicant INTERVIEW REQUIRED on 3/11/19, starting at 2:45pm)
The Jake Flynn Memorial is awarding 1/$5000 scholarship. This memorial scholarship is being awarded in memory of Jake Flynn to an outstanding student and good character, is an athlete, is involved in extra-curricular and can demonstrate financial need. All applicants are required to attend a STUDENT INTERVIEW in the Career Center. Applicants should complete submit their essay, and attach a recommendation LETTER (Not the LNHS Recommendation Form).
-Lakeville Rotary Club “Service Above Self Scholarship”
The Lakeville Rotary Club is awarding 2/$1000 scholarships to students with unique leadership skills and achievements in the community, volunteerism (helping others), entrepreneurial spirit and attitude for future career plans, has overcome obstacles, and can demonstrate a financial need. Applicants should apply using and submit a LETTER of recommendation. (Not the LNHS Recommendation Form)
-Matt Heisler Scholarship
The Matt Heisler Scholarship awards 2/$1002 scholarships to students who demonstrate unselfishness, being a true friend, puts others first, caring, athlete, hard working, high spirited, an organ donor, and has a passion for the outdoors. This award has been established as a memorial to Matt Heisler, a 2011 graduate and four-year Lakeville North football player. In his tragic death, Matt donated his organs which impacted over 60 people’s lives. Applicants should complete and refer to information when completing their essay. (No recommendation letter/form required)
-Nate Rasmussen Memorial Scholarship
The Nate Rasmussen Memorial Scholarship is awarding 1/$1500 scholarship. This memorial scholarship is given in memory to Nate Rasmussen by his family and friends to a student who is involved in the community/work, sports, 3.0 GPA or higher, and activities. Applicants should complete and submit a recommendation LETTER. (Not the LNHS Recommendation Form)
Establish an LNHS Scholarship
Scholarship donors interested in establishing a scholarship for LNHS students, please contact the Career Center. In order to be considered as an LNHS academic scholarship, the award must be offered to all senior students at LNHS. All scholarships are established by the end January for each school year, and due in March. Scholarship recipients are selected and recognized in May at the Senior Awards Program.
LNHS Career Center Coordinator