JOB OPPORTUNITIES – Student Employment
If you are a business wishing to post an opening, please mail or drop off if you prefer color and/or larger than 8-1/2 x 11. Otherwise, we are only able to print standard black on white, so feel free to email any openings to email@example.com. Be sure to include relative information like job description, minimum age requirement, etc….
If you are a student interested in finding out about local opportunities, please be sure to read the disclaimer before looking at the current openings that are advertised. Many area businesses advertise job opportunities with us at LSHS. They are posted on the Student Information board alongside the school store in the commons and also available in a binder which would be available to copy. We have added them to our website as a convenience and service to our students but in now way constitutes or implies endorsement or support of LSHS, the Career Center or Lakeville Area Public Schools.
DISCLAIMERS OF ENDORSEMENT AND LIABILITY
Lakeville South (LSHS), the Career Center and Lakeville Area Public Schools make no representations or guarantees about positions listed by the Career Center. We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of outside employment. It is the responsibility of the individuals to research the integrity of the organizations to which they are applying. The individual is advised to be smart about his/her job search and to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or a private party. The web site also contains links to other web sites not under the control of the Career Center and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Career Center provides these links only as a convenience. LSHS, the Career Center and Lakeville Area Public Schools assume no liability for acts of omissions by third parties or for materials supplied by them.
Date Posted: 3/12/2020 Date of Availability: 06/01/2020
Date Closing: Open until filled
Water Safety Instructor Aides are not certified Water Safety Instructors, rather they work under the direct supervision of the Water Safety Instructor who is teaching the course. Although instructor aides can provide additional attention and supervision to participants, they are not substitutes for Water Safety Instructors nor Lifeguards. Water Safety Instructor Aides should be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills being taught
- Assist participants under the direction of the Water Safety Instructor
- Recognize unsafe conditions and behaviors and respond by either addressing or reporting situations to the Water Safety instructor or the program administrator.
- Help with clerical, supervisory and maintenance responsibilities.
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Assistant (WSA) certificate.
- Must be at least 14 years old
- Previous experience with swimming desired
- Ability to assist students in the water
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, co-workers and supervisor
- Ability to follow directions and follow through on tasks.
Schedule: Mon – Thurs, start time: 9 AM but end time varies
Hours Per Day: 3-6
Hours Per Week: 6-24
Pay Rate: Starting at $10.00/hour
- Body Artists (Face Paint, Henna and more)
- Front Gate Photographers
- Ride Photo Associates
- Antique Photographers
- Fudge Shop Associates
Paid Training – No Experience Required
WISE SWIM SCHOOL: Now Hiring Swim Instructors! Come join our positive and fun work environment, awesome perks including…
- Training provided!
- NO experience or certification required, we will train the right people!
- Work 3 hours a week and get free swimming lessons for your kids!
- Flexible Scheduling!
Opening posted 1/29/20
CHAMPION VALLEY (formerly known as MN Pro Paintball) We are looking for high energy, detail oriented and fun individuals! We are the largest adventure park near the Twin Cities and has a wide range of outdoor activities, including paintball, ax throwing and archery tag!
Does this sound like something you would enjoy? JOB FLYER
● Must be 16 years or older
● Must have reliable means of transportation
● Must be available on Saturdays and Sundays and some weekdays
● Hours range from 10-40 per week
● Must be comfortable working outdoors
● FREE paintball admission
● Discounted paint
● Discounted ax throwing
● Discounted archery tag
● Discounted drinks/snacks
● Discounted escape rooms
● Potential to transfer to our sister company, Escape MSP during the winter
● Make sure guest receive the Best Champion Valley Experience Possible.
● Control customers’ entire experience.
● Greet customers upon arrival to property.
● Facilitate any customer needs during check in.
● Refereeing open play and reservation groups.
● Enforce safety at all times.
● Conduct safety briefings and demonstrate proper use of equipment.
● Help out with other job duties during busy times.
● Be an ambassador to the company and the sport.
● Maintain a friendly and courteous work environment.
● Participate in delegated opening and closing tasks.
● Adheres to guidelines and completes all applicable daily checklists.
● Regularly monitor and participate in trash clean up and removal.
● Work outside specific job duties and go above and beyond.
● Learn all aspects of our business and communicate that to our customers.
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening posted 2/5/2020
Resumes are an important part to starting out the journey to looking for employment. Even if you have not worked before, any volunteer work or accomplishments in academics, etc… would be a good base for your resume to begin with.
Use MCIS to gather all your information along the way and to create your resume. On the log-in page select LOG IN with CLEVER and then use the google option to use the same user name and password you do for logging into devices at LSHS or your school email. Please contact Julie Peterson in the Career Center for any assistance.
Here are other sites that might provide a good resource for things to consider in preparation and planning for getting that job you want: