JOB OPPORTUNITIES – Student Employment
If you are a business wishing to post an opening, please mail or drop off if you prefer color and/or larger than 8-1/2 x 11. Otherwise, we are only able to print standard black on white, so feel free to email any openings to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include relative information like job description, minimum age requirement, etc….
If you are a student interested in finding out about local opportunities, please be sure to read the disclaimer before looking at the current openings that are advertised. Many area businesses advertise job opportunities with us at LSHS. They are posted on the Student Information board alongside the school store in the commons and also available in a binder which would be available to copy. We have added them to our website as a convenience and service to our students but in now way constitutes or implies endorsement or support of LSHS, the Career Center or Lakeville Area Public Schools.
DISCLAIMERS OF ENDORSEMENT AND LIABILITY
Lakeville South (LSHS), the Career Center and Lakeville Area Public Schools make no representations or guarantees about positions listed by the Career Center. We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other aspects of outside employment. It is the responsibility of the individuals to research the integrity of the organizations to which they are applying. The individual is advised to be smart about his/her job search and to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization or a private party.
The web site also contains links to other web sites not under the control of the Career Center and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The Career Center provides these links only as a convenience. LSHS, the Career Center and Lakeville Area Public Schools assume no liability for acts of omissions by third parties or for materials supplied by them.
As a client experience focused firm, Midwest Money Management believes that people come first. That is true for our team members as well as our clients. We are in search of the next person to be the face, voice, and personality of our company. Making clients feel like they have entered a friendly and inviting atmosphere when visiting our office is the first priority of the Client Relations Coordinator. If you are a dedicated individual who is looking for a fun and supportive work environment, we welcome the opportunity to talk with you more and determine if you are a good fit for our team.
• Answering the phones and directing calls appropriately
• Greeting clients/guests and providing refreshments
• Scheduling appointments and sending out follow up communications
• Picking out and ordering client gifts when appropriate
• Running reports and gathering needed information for client review appointments
• Helping prepare and process client paperwork
• Managing contact data and notes in CRM database
• Supporting other team members as needed
• People person (friendly, positive, and confident)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
• Flexible and willing to change gears quickly
• Ability to see the big picture and the importance of this role in the team
• Patience to learn an operationally complex position
• Attention to detail
• Monday/Wednesday 9am-5pm
• Tuesday/Thursday 10am-6pm
• Friday 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
• Salary: $30k-$45k to start based on credentials
• Profitability Bonuses, Retirement Plan, Medical-negotiable as applicable
• Paid Time Off (PTO)/Paid Holidays
• Formal training and career advancement opportunities
- Access to scholarships at $2500 per year
- Sundays Off
- Free Food
- Fun, Positive Work Environment
- Leadership Training
- Career Advancement/Leadership Growth Opportunity*
- Medical Benefits available!
- Easy Transportation: Closing Parking and stops at MOA for both Light Rail + Metro Bus Stops
RED CROSS – Summer Youth Corps
Join the ranks of the Red Cross Summer Youth Corps to help save lives. Join the Summer Youth Corps program today and be on your way to having an awesome summer. The Youth Corp Summer 2019 Application is OPEN! Instructions are below. Do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
- Visit https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=intake
- On the right side of the page, it will prompt you to create a Red Cross ID
- After you create a Red Cross ID, you will be prompted to complete our online application
- If you are 17 or younger, you will need to have your parental consent form completed. If you are over 18, will conduct a background check
- After everything is submitted, we will reach out to set up a brief phone screen to learn more about your interest in the program
*Please reach out to email@example.com with any issues.*
Resumes are an important part to starting out the journey to looking for employment. Even if you have not worked before, any volunteer work or accomplishments in academics, etc… would be a good base for your resume to begin with.
Use MCIS to gather all your information along the way and to create your resume. If you forgot your password, please contact Julie Peterson in the Career Center.
Here are other sites that might provide a good resource for things to consider in preparation and planning for getting that job you want: