See you on September 4
Be sure to check your school’s website for important back-to-school information like open house dates, kickoff events and school supply lists. To help, we’ve compiled a list below.
Important dates, kick-offs and open houses
Elementary student assessments are August 23 and 28: Elementary student assessments will take place on August 23 and 28. The assessments provide teachers with achievement data needed to target instruction for students from the first day of through the school year. Appointment sign-ups are available online via a first-come, first-served basis. For questions, please contact the office of your child’s neighborhood school.
Lakeville Area elementary school open houses
- August 29, 4 p.m.
Lakeville Area middle school open houses and kick-offs
- Kenwood Trail Middle School summer orientation – August 16, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kenwood Trail Middle School Grade 6 JumpStart – August 21 and 22, 9 a.m.
- Kenwood Trail Middle School Grade 6 Back to School Night – August 28, 6 p.m.
- McGuire Middle School Ready Set Go – August 16, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- McGuire Middle School Grade 6 JumpStart – August 21 and 22, 8 a.m.
- Century Middle School Back-to-School Kick-off – August 16, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
High school open houses and kick-offs
- Lakeville North freshmen student/parent welcome – August 9, 6 p.m.
- Lakeville South freshmen student/parent welcome– August 21, 5 p.m.
- Lakeville North activities fair, fall activities registration – August 9, 6:30 p.m.
- Lakeville North parent open house – August 29, 6:30 p.m.
- Lakeville South activities fair, parent open house, AVID open house – August 29, 5:30 p.m.
- Lakeville Area Learning Center student/parent open house – August 29, 5-7:30 p.m.
- High school athletic kick-offs:
- Lakeville South High School will be hosting an athletics kick-off on August 6, 6 p.m. An overview of the activities programs and MSHSL rules and eligibility will be presented. Please connect with your child’s head coach for details.
- Lakeville North High School will be hosting an athletics kick-off on August 13, 5 p.m. An overview of student eligibility and participation will be presented. To balance the attendance at each session, parents/guardians are asked to attend at the following times: Last names beginning with A-J will meet at 5 p.m., K-R will meet at 6:30 p.m., and S-Z will meet at 8 p.m. in the auditorium.
LinK12-Lakeville online school open house: Looking for online school options for your K-12 student? Stop by the LinK12-Lakeville open house on August 9 from 9-11 a.m. at Lakeville North High School to learn if our online school is a good fit for your student. Link12-Lakeville is a tuition-free, online school with part-time and full-time offerings that is open to students throughout Minnesota.
Find your school’s supply list here:
- Cherry View
- Lake Marion
- Oak Hills
- Christina Huddleston
- John F. Kennedy
- Impact Academy at Orchard Lake
If your child is in need of school supplies, we are hosting a school readiness event August 23, 1-7 p.m. at Crystal Lake Education Center. Learn more about this opportunity here: http://isd194.org/news/free-school-supplies-for-district-194-students-in-need/.
Lakeville Area Public Schools bus transportation is provided by Schmitty and Sons Bus Company. Busing will be provided to students who live outside of .8 miles for Elementary (grades K-5) and 2 miles for Secondary (grades 6-12) or live in a designated safety zone. All students living within the .8 miles for Elementary and 2 miles for Secondary have the option to pay for a bus. To see what transportation zone your address is located in, please view the Attendance Area Finder.
New enrollment for K-12 students takes place at the District 194 Administrative Office. The Student Information Services staff are available year-round to support parents and guardians with registering their children for school.
Enrollment packets are available at the District 194 Administrative Office or can be downloaded from the District website below. Because some forms require signatures, parents and guardians are asked to return all completed forms to the District 194 Administrative Office. Learn more …