See you on September 3
Be sure to check your school’s website for important back-to-school information like open house dates, kickoff events and school supply lists. To help, we’ve compiled a list below.
Important dates, kick-offs and open houses
Elementary student assessments are August 22 and 27: Elementary student assessments will take place on August 22 and 27. The assessments provide teachers with achievement data needed to target instruction for students from the first day of through the school year. Appointment sign-ups are available online via a first-come, first-served basis. For questions, please contact the office of your child’s neighborhood school.
Lakeville Area elementary school open houses and curriculum night
- Cherry View, Christina Huddleston, Eastview and Lake Marion Elementary Schools are holding open houses on August 28, 4 p.m.
- Lakeview, Oak Hills and John F. Kennedy Elementary schools are holding curriculum nights in September for parents to learn about what their students will be learning this year. Schools will reach out to families with details.
- Impact Academy at Orchard Lake is holding a Back to School Night on September 17 at 4:30 p.m.
Lakeville Area middle school open houses and kick-offs
- Kenwood Trail Middle School
- Ready, Set, Go – August 15, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Grade 6 JumpStart – August 20 and 21, 9 a.m.
- Grade 6 Back to School Night – August 27, 6 p.m.
- Grade 7 Back to School Night – August 28, 5 p.m.
- Grade 8 Back to School Night – August 28, 7:15 p.m.
- McGuire Middle School
- Ready, Set, Go – August 15, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Grade 6 JumpStart – August 20 and 21, 8 a.m.
- Grade 8 Parent Night – August 26, 6 p.m.
- Grade 7 Parent Night – August 27 and 28, 6 p.m.
- Grade 6 Parent Night – August 28, 6 p.m.
- Century Middle School
- Strong Orientation for 6th Graders – August 14, 8 a.m.
- Back to School Day Open House – August 15, 11 a.m.
- Grade 7 and 8 Curriculum Program for Parents – August 26, 6 p.m.
- New Student Orientation (Grades 7 & 8) – August 29, 1 p.m.
High school open houses and kick-offs
- Lakeville North High School
- Panther Prep Freshman Orientation – August 14, 1:30-6:00 p.m.
- Freshman/New Student Parent Welcome / Activities Fair – August 14, 6 p.m.
- New Students Grades 10-12 Orientation – August 15, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Parent Open House – August 28, 6:30-8:15 p.m.
- Lakeville South High School
- Freshman Orientation – August 20, 8 a.m.
- Freshman Student/Parent Orientation – August 28, 5 p.m.
- Activities Fair and AVID Open House – August 28, 5:30 p.m.
- Grade 9-12 Open House – August 28, 5:45 p.m.
- Lakeville Area Learning Center
- Student/Parent Open House – August 28, 4-6 p.m.
High school athletic kick-offs:
Lakeville South High School will be holding its Parent Athletic Coach (PAC) meeting on August 5 at 6 p.m. in the auditorium. An overview of the activities programs and MSHSL rules and eligibility will be presented.
Lakeville North High School will be holding an athletics kick-off on August 26. An overview of student eligibility and participation will be presented. To balance the attendance at each session, we ask that you follow this guide:
- Last names beginning with A-N will meet in the auditorium at 6 p.m.
- Last names beginning with O-Z will meet in the auditorium at 7:30 p.m.
LinK12-Lakeville online school open house: Looking for online school options for your K-12 student? Stop by the LinK12-Lakeville open house on August 8 from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. a.m. in the LinK12 classroom at the District Office to learn if our online school is a good fit for your student. Link12-Lakeville is a tuition-free, online school with part-time and full-time offerings that is open to students throughout Minnesota.
Find your school’s supply list here:
- Cherry View
- Lake Marion
- Oak Hills
- Christina Huddleston
- John F. Kennedy
- Impact Academy at Orchard Lake
If your child is in need of school supplies, we are hosting a school readiness event called Ready, Set, Achieve! on August 22, 1-7 p.m. at Crystal Lake Education Center. Learn more about this opportunity here: https://isd194.org/readysetachieve/
Lakeville Area Public Schools bus transportation is provided by Schmitty and Sons Bus Company. Busing will be provided to students who live outside of .8 miles for Elementary (grades K-5) and 2 miles for Secondary (grades 6-12) or live in a designated safety zone. All students living within the .8 miles for Elementary and 2 miles for Secondary have the option to pay for a bus. To see what transportation zone your address is located in, please view the Attendance Area Finder.
New enrollment for K-12 students takes place at the District 194 Administrative Office. The Student Information Services staff are available year-round to support parents and guardians with registering their children for school.
Enrollment packets are available at the District 194 Administrative Office or can be downloaded from the District website below. Because some forms require signatures, parents and guardians are asked to return all completed forms to the District 194 Administrative Office. Learn more …