At the Jan. 8 organizational meeting, newly elected members Zach Duckworth and Lynn Gorski, as well as incumbent member Kathy Lewis, were sworn into office.
In the Nov. 6 School Board election, all three members were elected to four-year terms.
Tony Massaros, executive director of administrative services, administered the oath.
“This is an important and significant responsibility that you are taking on to ensure educational opportunities for our children, and I can’t imagine there are many responsibilities greater than that one,” said Massaros. “On behalf of the administration, I’d like to welcome you and congratulate you on your successful election to the Board of Education.”
After taking the oath of office, the board voted 3-3 for the office of chair. A revote for officer positions will be conducted at the Jan. 22 School Board meeting. Terry Lind is serving as acting chair and Kathy Lewis is serving as acting clerk in the interim.
The board also approved salary and mileage for members, as well as the committee assignments and organizations on which the Board of Education is represented for 2019.
Board committee assignments through December include:
- Activities Liaisons – Duckworth, Bob Erickson
- Chemical Health and Mental Health Coalition – Lewis
- Community Education Advisory Committee – Duckworth
- District Shared Leadership – Duckworth, Lind
- Educational Equity and Excellence Advisory Council – Gorski
- Finance Advisory Council – Gorski, Judy Keliher
- Gifted Advisory Council – Keliher
- Long Term Facilities Maintenance Committee – Duckworth, Lewis, Lind
- Meet and Confer Committee – All members
- Personnel Committee – Erickson, Gorski, Keliher
- Special Education Advisory Committee – Lewis
- Teaching and Learning Advisory Council – Lind
- Transportation Safety Zone Committee – Keliher, Lind
Board appointments through December include:
- Association of Metropolitan School Districts – Erickson
- Intermediate School District 917 Board – Erickson
- Downtown Lakeville Business Association – Duckworth
- Lakeville Arenas Board – Erickson
- Lakeville Arenas Operations Committee – Erickson
- Metropolitan Educational Cooperative Service Unit Representative Assembly – Chair
At the meeting, the board also designated the Sun Thisweek Lakeville as the official school district publication for 2019, appointed the district’s legal counsel and approved organizational matters related to business office functions.