Families with students in the Lakeville Area have several options for meals this summer throughout the area. The Open Door will provide meals in Lakeville and Burnsville. The district is also partnering with District 191 and District 196 for additional curbside meal pickups. Additionally, state and other local agencies are providing meal and grocery support.
The Open Door
The Open Door will provide wholesome, healthy food at Mobile Pantry events and bagged lunches through a Mobile Lunch Box curbside pickup program. The Open Door will provide food and meals for students free of charge at several locations in Lakeville and Burnsville throughout the summer.
Free Mobile Lunchbox
Mondays-Fridays, June 22-August 28
- Lakeville Court Apartments – 11:00-11:20 a.m.
- Queen Anne Courts – 11:30-11:50 a.m.
- Connelly’s Mobile Home Park – 12:00-12:20 p.m.
- Sunny Acres – 12:30-12:50 p.m.
- Greenhaven Park – 12:55-1:15 p.m.
Mondays-Fridays, June 8-August 21
Buses will remain at each location for around 15-20 minutes before moving to the next location.
- Arbor Vista Mobile Home Community – 11:00-11:20 a.m.
- Rambush Estates – 11:25-11:45 a.m.
- Chancellor Manor Apts – 11:55 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Twelve501 Apts – 12:30-12:50 p.m.
- Parkvue Flats Apts – 1:00-1:20 p.m.
- Shalimar Estates/Parkwood Hts – 1:30-1:50 p.m.
For more information on The Open Door, please visit: https://theopendoorpantry.org/
Drive Through Dinners at Hosanna Church
Drive Through Dinners
Hosanna Church, Lakeville – Door 1
Tuesdays, 5-6 p.m.
Stay in your car, open your trunk and drive through. You will receive a free meal for a family of four. All are welcome.
District 191 and District 196 Summer Meals Programs
District 191 Burnsville-Eagan-Savage and District 196 Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan welcomes Lakeville Area students to participate in their free summer meals programs. Breakfasts and lunches will be provided to all children ages 1-18 free of charge starting June 8 at District 191 locations and on June 15 at District 196 locations. Curbside pickups take place from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., except on designated holidays.
District 191 Locations (Mondays-Thursdays)
- Eagle Ridge Middle School, Savage – (6/8-8/20)
- Nicollet Middle School, Burnsville – (6/8-8/20)
- Metcalf Middle School, Burnsville – (6/8-7/30)
District 196 Location (Mondays-Fridays, 6/15-8/14)
- Cedar Park Elementary, Apple Valley
- Diamond Path Elementary, Apple Valley
- Echo Park Elementary, Burnsville
- Oak Ridge Elementary, Eagan
- Thomas Lake Elementary, Eagan
- Cedar Knolls Mobile Home Community, Apple Valley – (12:30-1:00 p.m.)
- Cinnamon Ridge Park, Eagan – (11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.)
- Rosemount Greens, Rosemount – (12:30-1:00 p.m.)
- Rosemount Woods, Rosemount – (11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.)
More Summer Food and Nutrition Program information for District 191 including an FAQ can be found on the district’s Food & Nutrition Services website. Detailed menus that include allergen info are available at isd191.nutrislice.com in English, Spanish and other languages.
More information about District 196 meals, including allergens, can be found on the district’s Food & Nutrition Services website.
Here is a list of produce distributions in Minnesota by county. There are two distributions in Dakota County.
Diamondhead Education Center
200 West Burnsville Parkway Suite 100, Burnsville, MN 55337
● Phone: 952-707-4150 ● Website: https://www.communityed191.org/page/3240
● Hours: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month from 3:00pm-4:30pm
● Dates: July 9th through October 22nd
360 Communities – Burnsville
501 East Highway 13 Suite 112, Burnsville, MN 55337
● Phone: 952-985-5300 ● Website: https://360communities.org/
● Hours: Mondays from 2:00pm-4:00pm
● Dates: July 13th through September 28th
Directions: This is a drive-up distribution. There will be signs participants can follow to the back of the
building where the drive-up stand will be set up.
360 Communities – Rosemount
14521 Cimarron Ave. W, Rosemount, MN 55068
● Phone: 651-322-5113 ● Website: https://360communities.org/
● Hours: Thursdays at 10:00am
● Dates: Through August
Other Community Meal Events
Ruby’s Pop-Up Food Pantry July 18, 2020
This event occurs the 3rd Saturday of the Month
Sponsor: The Father’s House Church
Address: 609 Travelers Trail West, Burnsville, MN 55337
Additional Information: Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Food bundles available 10-11:30
Click Here to Register.
Free Community Meal July 20, 2020 5:30-6:30 p.m.
When: Every Third Monday of the month (July and August curb-side pick-up available)
Sponsor: Lutheran Church of the Ascension
Location: 1801 E Cliff Road, Burnsville, MN 55337
Additional Information: 952-890-3412 or http://www.ascensionburnsville.org/home
Drive-Thru Grocery Event July 27, 2020 6:00-7:00 p.m.
When: Every 4th Monday of the month, cars may line up starting at 5:30
Where: Lighthouse Christian Church Rosemount
Location: 3285 144th Street West Rosemount, MN 55068
Registration: Not required by helpful. Click here to register
Loaves and Fishes Community Meals Pick-Up Option: Inver Grove Heights
When: Monday-Thursday 5:30-6:30
Where: River Heights Vineyard 6070 Cahill Avenue East, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Caring Hearts in Action: Re-Opened June 9th
Free community clothing closet, food pantry and more.
When: By Appointment only Tues. 11-7, Wed. 11-7, Thurs. 11-5, Fri. 11-5 (appointments are an hour long)
Where: 314 4th Street, Farmington, MN 55024
For more information: 651-463-3582 or click here for website
To book an appointment you can visit the Caring Hearts in Action Facebook page or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Help Buying Food While Schools Are Closed – Application Open Until July 31
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary food benefit program for students who are normally able to get free or reduced price school meals. Qualifying families can apply and get up to $325 per child to spend on groceries. This program is operated through the Minnesota Department of Human Services, the Minnesota Department of Education and Code for America. Application is open until July 31. Apply for P-EBT Benefits here.
Has COVID-19 affected your ability to afford food? Second Harvest SNAP Outreach Specialists are available over the phone for application assistance and sharing of food resources. Use this online screening tool to be screened for eligibility and send a referral. Or, call 651-209-7963 to leave contact information. Multilingual interpreter services available.
Free Meals for Kids App
The Free Meals for Kids mobile app will help families and kids find free meals at schools and other sites across Minnesota during the COVID-19 pandemic. The app provides locations, directions, hours and days of distribution.
How It Works
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Use the app to find the nearest site providing meals and meal packs by GPS
- Click on the nearby site and use the Meals Updates tab for more details
- Share the app with friends, neighbors and on social media
Not in the Area?
Hunger Impact Partners, in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Education, has created the “Free Meals for Kids” mobile app to help families locate free meals across Minnesota. This temporarily replaces the “Summer Eats Minnesota” mobile app. For more information and to download the app, visit the Hunger Impact Partners website.
- Text “Summer Meals” to 97779 or text “Food” to 877877
- Locate other free meal sites near you with the U.S. Department of Agriculture map.
Additional Summer Meals Resources